QT3 GDC Gathering

I gotta say I had a great time at the GDC thing. Food was great and the conversation was good. Ok, so we just talked about games, but I liked it :D

And by the way, Sparky really does have Space Invader characters on the side of her car. Great stuff. There’s a pic of it near the bottom of this page.

Big thanks to everyone who showed up, and particularly to Case for putting it all together.

I saw that you ran into Mike Wilson there. Any idea what he’s up to? Last I heard the rumor was he was going to open some kind of artists loft thing. I thought he was leaving the crappy little world of games behind for movies and rock and roll. It’s time for his closeup, Mr. DeMille.

Glad you liked the restaurant I picked.

You speak as if this is a bad thing :)

I had a great time, too. By 6:15, I was half afraid that people couldn’t find the place, but it turned out to be great fun. I did miss seeing Sparky’s car up close, though, damnit.

Unfortunately, I can’t be at GDC on Saturday due to prior commitments. sigh.

As ever,

Loyd Case

Actually, we just got a press release yesterday stating that Wilson had signed with Take 2 again to head up their PC Artists and Acquisitions dept. or some such thing. He’s staying in Texas.

Actually, we just got a press release yesterday stating that Wilson had signed with Take 2 again to head up their PC Artists and Acquisitions dept. or some such thing. He’s staying in Texas.[/quote]

I guess that’s what he’s good at. He did a good job with Gathering by signing up some good developers. What Gathering actually put out wasn’t so hot, with an exception or two, but Wilson lined up some good talent.

What he sucked at was picking out licenses. Kiss, Heavy Metal, Blair Witch…

Thanks, Loyd, for putting it all together! I had a great time as well.

John

I’m so happy for Sparky and Lars… it’s apparent that they’re so preternaturally weird together that they must be in some mystical state of bliss. More power to ya kids.

And by the way, Sparky really does have Space Invader characters on the side of her car. Great stuff. There’s a pic of it near the bottom of this page.

http://diyg.com/news/showpic.php?picid=574
Heh. And they love CGM too!

Yes, in fact I was paid two million dollars by Steve Bauman for that product placement.

What Sparky forgot to consider was how close CGM’s Vermont HQ is to Quebec.

Steve’s paying her two million Canadian dollars. Which is approximately $11.34 in American money.