Qt3 League of Leaguelets, an async paradise! (NOT related to League of Legends)

:D :D

So is there something I should do differently next time? I didn’t even consider that I was spoiling it.

It’s the perils of internet. Nothing we can do about it! I used to not check the FS thread until I’d checked my turns.

For Frozen Synapse, the system returns an error for Ananab_Tilps and Mr_Sweetie when I try to friend them.

BTW, I was able to friend clyve and RainRaven.

I think the _ parts are just spaces.

Close! It looks like the correct handles are AnanabTilps and MrSweetie (no underscores). Dave will have to confirm.

I’m sure that’s right. Sorry about that!

I wonder why we aren’t already friends from back in the day.

Is there any easy way to set up a game without typing out the players name? I can find my friend list, but all it does is shows the list. I can’t click players and view profiles, or challenge them… Nothin. Is this a weakness for the iPad version maybe?

I know, it’s odd, huh? I still have my record and level from back then, but my friends list was empty.

Mine was fully populated!

That was more of a oh crap it was that bad of a move then a rant against spoilers. Sorry if I did not make that nearly clear enough.

Hey, NP it just got me thinking and I figured I should ask. I know there was a FS league before and wondered if those guys had a way of avoiding spoils. Nope :(

Aw Dave, why you gotta!

I tried to find some Frozen Synapse tips pages to share, but can’t find any that are worth a frack. Most say stuff like “use cover” and “duck”.

So here are some things that I do on a routine basis that you should all know you can do, too. It took me dozens of games to learn that I could do these things:

1. Glance as you’re running. On PC, you select a node along a path and then control-click in the direction you want your unit to glance. Usually I do this when my guy is set to Continue on Sight, so he won’t stop and get himself killed.

2. Tell a unit to ignore a particular enemy. With your unit selected, right-click an enemy unit (I think) and choose to Ignore it. Later, you can cancel that ignore.

3. Rocket jump: if you run another unit at a window and click J right as a rocket gets there, your first guy will rocket jump over the window and win every fight there is to win on the other side.

p.s. I really rarely do this, but you can do it: like with #2, you can Ignore a whole rectangular zone of the map. I don’t even remember how this works, but it can be done!

Also worth noting:

Grenades fly in an arc. They start low, gradually rise, and then slowly drop down again. You can use the high point to shoot through windows. Dave taught this to me this morning by blowing up my Shotgun in a place I was convinced would keep him safe. My tests only showed grenades bouncing off the windows. What fun.

You seem to think that this is a GAME!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

Sharing your stra-de-gees with others…huh, rookies…

I actually did have a couple stradageez in my list, but I deleted them. :P

And to be fair, I just shared Dave’s trick :D