Qt3 Movie Podcast: 3x3: bus scenes

We are recording the show Wednesday night. So get your comments in by 11:59pm on Wednesday, June 6…

If you live in Canada, however, it will indeed be Tuesday. Because Canada is a day behind. Like Australia. See? Tom taught me geography as well as maths.

-xtien

The bus scene in Heaven Knows What came to mind for me. Arielle Holmes freaking out and unleashing all her built up inner frustrations on the bus is pretty amazing in that movie.

I don’t mind riding the bus. I would not want to watch a movie about the buses I’ve ridden.

As it turns out, one @Dave_Perkins sent in a third pick that I totally missed in reading the emails. Here is his choice for #3:

#3: A couple of lines from it:

How come I don’t see no bruises on you?
Cuz I’m a karate man. And a karate man bruises on the inside!

That’s a guy in jail challenging Eddie Murphy’s story that Murphy just “beat up ten cops” in Trading Places. The bus scene from this movie is brief but hilarious: a drunk Dan Akyroyd eats a piece of raw fish through his Santa beard while sitting in a bus across from two horrified women.

I’ll send more soon!

-xtien

Aw thanks @ChristienMurawski!

Sure thing, Dave!

-xtien

“Is that what a real man looks like?”

I can’t believe I choose him sitting on the bus alone but forgot about that scene on the bus. Nice pick, Peter.

Can’t believe nobody mentioned The Graduate on the podcast! Wish I’d written in with it, but I couldn’t think of any other picks, and I was sure someone would have already picked it. Lesson learned!

Does Speed count?