Qt3 Movie Podcast: 3x3: favorite repeated lines

“He’d kill us if he got the chance.”

“Bond, James Bond.”

“Wendy, I’m home.”

Apparently the inspiration for having two different readings of the line came from Walter Murch:

“The third take is the wrong reading of the line.”

That is great! I’m a bit surprised the changed emphasis in that line wasn’t part of the written script. Also, it never occurred to me that Cindy Williams might be a daughter instead of a wife. Ah, the 70s.

-Tom

Ugh I was praying no one had nabbed that airplane one. One of the best moments in the film.

This doesn’t quite qualify… replace “feel” with “sleep”…

“Fuck.” Goodfellas. :)

I mean, if you’re gonna do Goodfellas there’s Johnny Two-times. I’m gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

I couldn’t think of a list that wasn’t 100% podcast injokes/@tomchick trolling, but the discussion of military lingo intentionally being reptitive finally made a bit of my brain go: not only is this one of your favourite movies, but the repetion is in itself important because a kill order against your own countrymen is kind of significant.

So now it’s just 66% podcast injokes. Huzzah.

3: “You came in here looking like crap and haven’t said very much.”

2: “Would it help?”

(I genuinely do love Bridge of spies, and Mark Rylance in it though.)

1: “I say again: Kill Wyvern”

Man, I listened to the whole podcast and not one of you nerds mentioned Inigo Montoya. Thanks to cannedwombat for picking up the slack.
My other two picks would be “Excuse me?” from mother! (said seven times by Jennifer Lawrence, each time more exasperated) and this sweet comeback/callback from A Knight’s Tale: “You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.”, said by the antagonist and the protagonists at different times in the movies in an order you can probably guess without having seen it.

“Who are those guys?”

Oh, good pick. Or “It isn’t braced yet!”

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

From Interstellar

Kelly was hilarious in the podcast.

I always associated that poem with Back to School, myself.