Qt3 Movie Podcast: Godzilla Minus One

Tom and Kelly, it was wonderful to hear both of you again! Thank you!

Listened last night and just want to +1 all the sentiments so far. @tomchick I’m obviously not sure how uncomfortable it is for you to do the podcast, but it was entirely undetectable to me and it was really great to get to hear your voice again and I hope you’ll consider doing more of these this year! <3

Thanks for all the kind words, guys! They mean a lot. Happy New Year! <3

Wow, do you need to join an organization to watch movies? In the states anybody can just walk right up and buy a ticket.

Was gonna wait and watch this at home but now I guess I have to go to a theater. Thanks, guys.

I won’t listen until I see the movie, but I am so happy for another one of these. I’m nearing the end of a relisten of them all in chronological order (up to the end of 2018 right now), and it’s astounding how many running jokes (mostly in the -opses) I didn’t get the first time by wildly jumping around listening only when I saw the movie.

That’s awesome, @Arioch. There are definite rewards for listening in chronological order.

Happily dusting off the old account to inject some anime-adjacent knowledge into the convo! The reason that there’s no Shin Godzilla 2 is because Toho’s contract with Legendary limits the rate at which they can release films starring the iconic monster, plus writer/director/editor Hideaki Anno was busy making Shin Ultraman and Shin Kamen Rider (and also Evangelion 3.0+1.0: Thrice Upon a Time) anyway. The “Shin” prefix is essentially Anno’s brand for remakes of classic tokusatsu and, while he’s expressed interest in revisiting Shin Godzilla and even wrote up a proposal for a sequel, it sounds like Toho’s not in a hurry to compromise its release schedule with further works from an alternate continuity.

Also, I was so excited to see this podcast pop up on my RSS feed that I dreamed about listening to it that night. It was as good as ever, except that the third chair was occupied by someone named Mona and she interrupted Kelly so much that he basically stopped contributing after a while (Tom was indefatigable, as in waking life). I then spent a big chuck of the dream trying to figure out how to phrase a post comment to the tune of “Great episode, keep them coming! Also, please don’t invite Mona back.”

Finally, a movie podcast about Godzilla! Glad I’d taken my family to see this one so I was ready. The Shin Godzilla discussion was great to hear because I’d really wanted you all to cover that one more than the bits and pieces in some of the 2018-2019 episodes.

Great to see the pod back in my feed. Really enjoyed it.

What a lovely surprise to hear Tom and Kelly again! Listened last night and it was absolutely perfect.

Finished and and loved it. Perfect opsis, Tom sounded clear, and liked the thoughts on how Dingus would have reacted.

If Godzilla is retconned into a an undead revenge entity, they should have gone all the way and made him a hopping vampire – who wouldn’t want to see a 300ft tall t-posing hopping Godzilla destroying Tokyo.

Thanks for the podcast, but I was distracted by the echo of Tom’s voice. I assume it was from the call software or maybe his headphones were leaking his voice back from sidetone.

Yeah, I apologize for that. It sounded like I was broadcasting from a baseball stadium, but I didn’t catch it until after we’d recorded. We’ve figured out how it happened and hopefully we’ve got it fixed for the next episode, which should be posted by the end of the week.

Look like I picked the right year to sign up for AMC’s movie pass!

That is one thing you could call a feature for sure.

In my “defense,” I’d just upgraded from these…

Hi Tom (and Kellywand)!

I just wanted to say how great it is to have you guys in my earbuds again. I’ve missed you. Your podcast was the first movie podcast I ever got into, and you were my companions through a lot of life changes, good times and hard times. I used to write in to your three by threes quite a lot once upon a time. I remember when Kelly was a Canadian.

It may seem like a small thing to you guys, or a light thing, but you’ve kept me good company. If it still fits into your lives, I’d be so happy to have you guys back regularly again. There are still those of us who quietly fly the eyeball flag, and meet in the shadows to await the return of the kings.

PS. Long live Dingus. Hope Kieran is doing ok out there.

All my best,

Josh
Victoria BC

Thank you for that! If I’m ever up that way again, buy you a pint!

#gassyjackismyspiritanimal

Dude, would love nothing more. I’ll pitch you my ideas for the Dune2psis.