Qt3 Movie Podcast: It Follows

Tom Chick...America...Fuck Yeah!
Welcome back, good to have the full crew back. I guess I should actually listen to the podcast now, since a) I've never heard of the film; 2) it gets a full A rating from AV Club, which I generally trust; and III) it takes place on the outskirts of Detroit, the suburbs of the metro area in which I live. I suppose I should see if there is some sort of lurking horror in my backyard (other than the squirrels).

In Germany you'll only be an hour away. Come to London and your British fans will buy you a steak! He promised, glibly.

Tom goes out on a Maika Monroe movie, and comes back on one. I like that.

interesting what a brit will do for glibly, right after promising an american some food

All my life I'm looking for the magic
I've been looking for the magic
Fantasize on a silly little tragic
I've been looking for the magic
In my eyes

Oh, oh, oh, I'm
Looking for the magic in my eyes
In my eyes
Baby in my eyes

Only child is a silly little ragged
She's been looking for the magic
Stay awhile til the city is a desert
She's been looking for the treasure
In my eyes

Because a photograph is
Like an hourglass out of time
And then I never laughed
Because I never had no time

Oh, oh, oh, I'm
Looking for the magic in my eyes
In your eyes
Baby in your eyes

Great to have you back Tom.

Just got to listen to this podcast, fantastic surprise to hear Tom's voice. Kelly And Christian held it down and did a great job but I'm happy to hear Tom's back. A Tom Vs. Christian fight, like in the Devil episode, can't be far behind.

Welcome back!!

I don't know what those words mean, MrM, but Kelly be assured: all food will be served in accordance with Leviticus.

So..I stumbled over one of your podcasts during the fall, and I already love you guys! Listening through your old shows is like the highlight of my week now! Since there are still many of the newer movies you talk about that I haven't seen yet, I wasn't aware of why Tom was gone for a while, or how long, before today. So I just want to join in saying welcome back, Tom! Great to hear you'r voice again. And thanks to all of you for being awesome!:)

Oh good lord, let's hope not. I still cannot listen to that episode. I have a good friend who said of that episode, "It made me want to crawl under my desk and curl up into a ball."

Thank you so much for the kind words, Ulla89. It is a real joy to have him back.

Thanks for posting this, Gretchen. I really liked reading about Disasterpiece as I prepped for the show.

Also, he wasn't at the QA. Clearly, Kelly was too baked.

Yeah, I can do the math on that last part.

What a shame he wasn't there. Was the QA any good?

Ich bin ein weiss Mann.

It was just okay. The director, Maika Monroe and Daniel Zovatto seemed to be answering the questions, but the editor was drunk and the cinematographer was way too shy to answer questions. Overall not a great set of people to do an interview. I wished the director would talk more about the process of coming up with the story, more than just "it's based on a nightmare I had growing up". Or even if the cinematographer could have talked more in general about the framing.

I fixed the time mark so now if you jump to it you get to listen to it.

Thanks Chris!

Many talented artists aren't as eloquent at describing their process and even the most glamorous and cerebral activities usually entail a lot of banal drudgery. Plus we were all drunk. I mean blind!

Welcome back, Tom!