Qt3 Movie Podcast: John Wick: Chapter 2

Nobody wants to let Canada see anything.

Rewind the clip back to the 2 minute mark, and he magically is in shorts when he comes out of the pool and dances around Wick’s bullets.

Right, and then later in the scene, he’s wearing a towel. So it’s a bathing suit wrap? On the nightclub floor, he’s clutching it as if he’s going to be inappropriately on display if it falls off. My guess is that at some point, he was supposed to be naked under there. Maybe they shot things out of order, or maybe he’s really insecure about his upper thighs.

Regardless, my point from the podcast still stands: it’s odd when R-rated movies go to contrived lengths to avoid nudity. If you’ve got luridly animated headshot splatter, why not throw in a little Alfie Allen dingaling?

-Tom

You’re going to contrived lengths to avoid admitting you were wrong about his shorts, sir.

Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. c6vh2mMBU0, I didn’t realize you were unable to watch the clip. Here are some visual aids for you.

Where I come from, we call that a towel.

So, yeah, I don’t think you’ve got much room to be calling someone wrong. :)

-Tom

Shorts:

I’m not sure what your point is. I never said he wasn’t wearing shorts. You, on the other hand, asserted he wasn’t wearing a towel. Check and mate!

Care for a rematch? This time, let’s do Emily Browning’s miniskirt in Sucker Punch.

-Tom

Ah, but I never said there wasn’t a towel. Your complaint was that they went to “Austin Powers lengths” to hide his junk with his magical towel. I just pointed out that he was wearing shorts underneath the whole time, so maybe the lack of Theon dick wasn’t as egregious as you thought.

I’m not drunk enough for this discussion.

You really need to work on your correction skills. When someone is wearing a T-shirt under his jacket, you don’t dispute the claim he’s wearing a jacket by going"Nuh-uh, he’s wearing a T-shirt!"

But, yes, I didn’t remember he had shorts on in the previous scene. You can take a victory lap.

-Tom

Just listenend to this.
I really enjoyed the movie, much more than the first one I think, of course mainly for that “physicality” of Keanu that you guys explain so well.
Speaking of which, when he’s manipulating the rifle at the sommelier, and moving it on the side, I am pretty sure that is because he’s looking down the alternate sight on the side of that gun. You’d have been familiar with this if any of you were videogamers and had played a recent FPS!
One moment I really liked in those catacombs is that at a moment, you can catch a glimpse of two guys, going for covers, and John himself doing the same to reload. He then goes for one of the guys, but is surprised by the other one that the spectactor could have caught hiding a few moments before. It’s such a simple thing, but so rare in action movies.

Really nice observation.

I love when listeners go back to older podcasts once they’ve seen the movie, and then post about it. I say this again and again, because it often makes my day.

Also, thanks for making me suddenly want to watch the John Wick movies again, jerk! Here I am busily watching movies about soup, and now this. :)

-xtien

“Consider this a professional courtesy.”