Qt3 Movie Podcast: Thoroughbreds

At last a buddy movie featuring the stars of Ready Player One and The Witch!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/06/10/qt3-movie-podcast-thoroughbreds/

Two minutes into the opsis and I’m howling. Very nice, Kellywand.

When they play Ave Maria, I like that it’s Schubert’s version with the translated lyrics from The Lady of the Lake, rather than the Latin Catholic prayer version.

Ty!!!

You guys need to see that movie about horses from the perspective of a guy who uses them for transportation.

I think we should see a movie about a character who leaves a country packed with ponies to go to a non-pony country first.

-xtien

“Sorry. That looked like an attack.”

Spoiler!

-Tom

P.S. I saw it.

Huh!
I think I liked it more than Tom&Dingus, I had a lot of fun with this movie. I think that the stepdad not being more of a shithead is very deliberate, I don’t think our protagonist is supposed to have a “reasonable” motivation, she’s… a bit of a shit herself.
I enjoyed Anya Taylor-Joy and Olivia Cooke together, partly because of the oftentimes, and that might be the lecher in me speaking, erotic undertones or at least staging, but also because of their chemistry and interaction.

I’m not sure if Taylor-Joy’s character is lying to Tim at the end maybe? It didn’t feel like it had enough heft to be a legitimate, intentional twist, especially with her crying in Cooke’s lap. That felt weak.

Either way, I was highly entertained (one of the rare times a movie actually made me laugh), but I’m into cunning, murderous women in my movies.

Wait, how is Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom next week’s movie instead of Incredibles 2?

It’s not. Just between you and me, a certain Qt3 Podcast Archivist informed us that we are total dweebs and Jurassic World: Moonrise Kingdom isn’t coming out until next week. So. Uh.

We will have to call an audible. Based on the vagaries of Germany we will be going with Oceans 8.

True story.

-xtien

Three good takes no this good but flawed movie.
Saw trailer for Anya Taylor Joy’s next chiller ‘The Secret of Marrobone.’ Not a good trailer but who knows. I’m so pleased Anya hasn’t rushed to turn her back on genre cinema though. She’s a wonderful addition to modern horror.

Btw I would love to hear Kelly roast Hereditary (this generations The Exorcist lol)