QT3 nerd art, ummm, need more letters....

Thanks

More q

figure

And you keep getting better and better. ;)

I especially appreciate your cross hatch shading, @merryprankster. It’s hard to figure out when to go heavy and light with that style. I’m more of a dimpler.

Also, have you tried ink yet? I’m looking forward to your ink sketches. Bold lines! Single strokes! Always scary for me. How about charcoal? Also fun.

Edit: Your full color Supergirl above may have some ink or paint outlines?

these are really good

@rhamorim and @Juan_Raigada thanks for the kind words!

@Guap Yeah, I’m hardly a master but I think getting used to hatching is just practice (like everything else), and I like the look of it in general. I’ve definitely done some charcoal and stipple work and I’d say the same basic structure of blocking out shadows apply, but I like the graphical look of the hatching. I’m slowly working on inks, but my pencils stuff is still a lot more comfortable for me. My ink stufff just needs more practice. The Supergirl was digitally inked and colored, after being drawn traditionally. This

Figure drawing from last nights

I wish I could draw like that. Great job!

Thanks! Glad you like em. There really is no trick though, it’s all just practice.

So is that your wife? We may need to see a photo to compare and see how accurate you are! :)

Nah, Just the model from the figure drawing session.

I was about to ask if you drew from models or photos. Cool!

I do both, but I draw from models as much as possible. I learn way more from seeing the subject in actual 3D space than from a 2D drawing of a 2D image.

This can work against you for stuff like that Yoda, which I drew from my head since I wanted to exaggerate the pose for more drama (I used a character reference, but that’s more for stuff like the costume and what not). Generally though, drawing from reference has been the best way to learn what things look like for me.

https://i.imgur.com/rJo6cKf.jpg?1

More q

Great stuff, Merry!

Thanks!