Qt3 QTtheHIll Dominions Disciples game thread

Oh, and I’ve isolated my trn files for the last of the eyes of god turn i had so i could get them to ppl after the game if they wanted to check it out…

Just think, if you claimed that province next to your throne on our border, you would have a well of pestilence in your territory :p

Also, I’m wondering if there is a need to go 72hrs for turn submission now? I know I’m currently ok in getting turns in; though the last couple were a bit last minute rushed. But it feels like late game army organisation might be a problem soon enough.

Maybe that’s why fate decided i shouldn’t take it then?

i’d support 72hrs…

Ok, if there are no objections, I will switch it to 72 hrs.

This does not speak well for my monkeys, since I am having no problems breezing through turns…

The most difficult game i remember playing(in terms of turn length) was one where I was pythia that we played at Broken forum…I think it was Borken something…ah, WeAreBroken…and as we went into lategame, i remember spending hours going over my scripts…

This game has been pretty easy, but now, as it’s starting to become real, i find it challenging that game. And it’s not the scripting of armies…it’s the wonderful options that are available. Globals that I never would have cast, are now in play - spells that would have been foolhardy in any other game, now need some consideration. In what should be a pretty easy turn, i’ve now completely rewritten 3 times because…‘well, what if we put this and this on that guy, and have him cast this and then…’ And yet through that, omg…the money question is still really valid…

lol, and searching for the title of that game found me something i almost forgot…a piece of propaganda I wrote when i had some time…

readable version: http://imgur.com/MkjfVMG

My motivation with the disease was merely to weaken you some - you are to me the most powerful nation on the map (or have been for the past 15-25 turns at least), and I think your blitz has shown a bit of that (as well as all the gems/gold you’re throwing around). Plus we share too many damn borders.

I had hoped he would stay hidden a bit longer however… if I die early, please let me know what kind of carnage it caused ;)

Rue, Rue, Rue your boat, gently down the stream… ;)

Oddly enough, when I switched the hosting interval from 48 to 72 hours, it bumped back the host time to 10:25 GMT on Saturday June 11th. Which is good for TNN, since pyrhic still has not submitted his turn. Not sure if that was a fortuitous accident, but I thought it would be hosting soon, or would have already.

He tends to submit late, I think he’s working on optimizing his turn. I usually try to submit an early version and then revise, so as not to accidentally stale. …

Ya, sorry - i was gonna have it done last night, but then saw it was extended another 24hrs so i figured it was better to finish my turn today when i was …more…sober.

There was a party in the land of the Fae and you didn’t invite us??? For shame…

Oh, you’re invited to the party all right…

Operation Golden Devilish Banana has begun! At the request of our devilish monkey brethren, the golden monkeys have moved to crash the party in the Fae. Initial reports show that the Fae were too busy partying (IPAs give a wicked hang over) to put up more than token resistance. We have confidence, however, that the hard drinking, Scotch imbibed Fae will be coming to join the party shortly.
In the mean time, our monkeys have found a capital where the legendary Ancestor Spirits were kept. Hopefully the Fae have not drunk all of those spirits, since the monkeys are thirsty.

pyhric, is there any more pages to your newspaper? I want to know why my General Tso’s tastes a little mangy.

lol, no - i only did the one page. It was pretty hard work, and just about every article and quip had tie-ins somewhere to the game - things like ‘spys like us’ tied back to an open quarrel i had with Man in the game about spies versus scouts. But, despite the effort, it was alot of fun to do

We must say that we are horribly, horribly, disappointed with a bunch of you. TNN has been a guiding light of benevolence in this world through the whole game. Not once have we sunk daggers into peoples backs, and always did we treat honorably and favorably with the residents of the world.

Lanka, we gave you all the space you could want, and even looked aside when you took territories we agreed were ours. And when your neighbor asked if we would join to help split up your domain, we steadfastly refused! For this, you send poison assassins into our territory well in advance, and in multiple waves…

And Kail - when TC had you on the ropes, and all we had to do was just drag our feet a little and you’d have been eliminated, we held strong and kept our side of the bargain. For this, you just stab us in the throat? Without even the honor of advising us that you no longer wanted to be our friends?

And, i assume, of course that Caelum is not too far behind…judging from the message he sent me. This i’m ok with, as we’ve never really had a relationship so he’s not really terminating one…

sigh.

I guess I should tell you all now, so you can see…I was actually planning for us all to rise to godhood. The first time ever! All of us would rise, and share the throne!

Of course, that can’t happen now.

And it’s all your collective greedy souls.

Well, i hope you remember what a collection of backstabbers, and poisoners, you’re dealing with now…because that’s the schemers you’ll be left with when I’m gone…

The golden monkeys do have to admit a bit of chagrin on interrupting the Fae party. But bananas are thicker than Fae ale. And the desperate tone in the devilish monkey message left no uncertain ideas of what would happen to our chittering brethren if any hesitation on our part happened.

Greedy souls…yes, we do have to admit to some of those around here.

also, i have to beg another 24 hours extension.

Sorry, this should be the last…

Hosting postponed for QTwildride by 24 hours. The game will now host at 01:41 GMT on Wednesday June 15th.

Thanks - now that my team’s been eliminated from the finals, i should have more time to focus on these things…