Quadrilateral Cowboy: Twentieth-century cyberpunk by Blendo Games

Hey everyone,

I’m not sure how many people here know Blendo Games (the studio behind gems like Flotilla, Atom Zombie Smasher and Thirty Flights of Loving), but they have been working for years on their next game, called Quadrilateral Cowboy. It’s a retro cyberpunk game, the kind that only Blendo Games would make.

Well, it now has a release date: July 25th. You can check more info on Steam:

Loved Flotilla and AZS, so I’ll definitely check this out. Thanks for the heads up!

I loved Atom Zombie Smasher, although you pretty much always ended up losing the game, as I recall.

Holy shit I started to think it would never be finished, I’ve watched some dev streams from Brendon and the game looked nowhere near complete, but I guess he was working on isolated test levels often.
Great to hear, love his style of games.

I’ve enjoyed pretty much everything these guys have done, no doubt this will be a pretty cool little game.

Coming September 2016, Quadrilateral Cowboy will be available on:
Mac OSX 10.7 and above
Linux

That will protect me from the usual impulse purchase (though I have yet to regret any in the case of Brendon Chung’s games).

I’d never heard of this game before. That trailer is… intriguing.

Also @Left_Empty, when I look at the listing it says

Available July 25, 2016 for Windows. Will be available for Mac & Linux in September 2016.

Or are you saying you play on Macs so you’re free from impulse buys until then? So confused.

I was trying to hide my slight disappointment over the extended wait by trying to be a smart ass, and now I have to come out as a Mac gamer.

Out today, but I don’t have the courage to be first.

I’ll wait (and buy it eventually). Between Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Toukiden Kiwami, Tales of Zestiria/Symphonia, Guild Wars 2, Starbound, and Total War Warhammer, I have too much gaming already for August (and with No Man’s Sky, God Eater Ressurrection, God Eater 2, and Deus Ex Mankind Divided coming out in August, I have enough for September and beyond).

I’m intrigued but at $19 let Mikey try it. He hates everything.

I picked it up. I’ll post some initial impressions tonight.

Seems we’ll be getting some of Tom’s as well.

I only got to play for about 20 minutes, unfortunately. It’s very much a Blendo games product graphically (square heads and all)! I’m enjoying it- the hacking and command line stuff seems like it’ll end up being very interesting. I’m still doing introductory type stuff and exploring. So far it has left a good (albeit odd) impression.

Tom loved it: http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2016/07/27/brilliant-quadrilateral-cowboy-finishes-gravity-bone-started/#more-39971

I’m very glad to hear this. I’ve rarely wanted to return to a game world more than Gravity Bone’s.

GG, me from the past! I grabbed the game after figuring out, watching 5 minutes of Tom’s stream and cutting it short, I needed to play it.
I ran it through Wine pretty smoothly, untill I encountered a save on load crash, 4 hours in. I am so very sad, and will have to wait that couple of months, I guess :(
It has been a wonderful experience, full of surprises. Reading some of the negativity in reviews regarding the gameplay made me chuckle, reminding me of the eternal fool who focuses on the wise man’s finger pointing at the stars.

If you run into any saved game crashes, you can resume your progress by just selecting the mission from the career screen. No need to start over or wait for a patch.

-Tom

I’m not sure I get the review 😓

Thank you so much: I had never ventured into this menu and didn’t know this was there! Restarting the scenario let me progress. So thankful!