Quarterlies 2017! The Qt3 forum readers’ choice for the best game of 2017 is …

I think that people really enjoyed the combat being moved from the ME3’s heavy emphasis on being a cover shooter, back to something more tactical. (Which I really like as well)

The game completely lost me when the first mission, doing all of this awesome lead up to forging your way into a new “first contact” scenario, with a brand new alien race… and you end up in a gunfight.

Very anti-climactic. Ah… they are “bad guys”

Also, during that mission I fell through the geometry of the world and had to re-do about a half hour of gameplay because my save got broken.

When I picked the game up a year later, after a few patches, I had a lot more fun with it, but certainly not in 2017.

Au contraire, mon frere, it tied for #5 with Divinity Original Sin 2.

To be fair, in 2017, a lot of people didn’t have a Switch because it was hard to come by still.

I didn’t get one until 2020.

In 2017 there was more anti-Nintendo sentiment on Qt3 too.

I dunno, pretty common still too.

I think what’s different is a few more people have the Switch now so there is a bit more positive talk.

It’s true. More people have one or have played on one so they understand it better. I do think some have moved on since then too, though.

That said, this is the most Negative on Nintendo forum I visit. At least the “It’s for babies” stuff seems to finally be done with.

I didn’t either. I played BOTW on a freaking wii u.

Well I skipped that gen. Had GC and Wii, but WiiU never gave me cause.

Yeah, Mario Maker was the reason I picked one up.

I still have an unopened copy of Breath of the Wild for Wii U.

And I, I took the road less traveled by; and that has made all the difference.

This was definitely me as well, but not in a vacuum.
It was because of my experience buying a Wii at launch and then enjoying only three games on it (Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2), and really disliking the waggle controls in everything but Wii Sports. Even Super Mario Galaxy was frustrating because of it, even though they did about as good as they could have done with that limitation. And I really disliked Twilight Princess.

So yes, I skipped the WiiU because of that.

But in fairness, in retrospect Breath of the Wild is so good, it would have single handedly made the Wii U worth having if it was exclusive to that console. But luckily it wasn’t!

Does it count that I had a Switch and didn’t use it much and sold it to another Qt3 person?

I do regret not playing more of Breath of the Wild before selling it. I liked Mario Odyssey enough and Mario + Rabids, but they wore out their welcome. Every time Mario did his little twirly thing and made some noise I wanted to punch myself in the face. Too much repetition in Rabbids.

Crazy, but I played every game in the top 10 now, but hadn’t at the time. Liked them all except for Nier and Divinity. Divinity I started off liking but it became too much of a slog.

Andromeda was not broken for me and I played it pretty much at launch. Though it could definitely have used some rethinking of some of the basic story conceits.

Look, some of you people just need to realize being able to climb on any surface doesn’t actually make a game good.

Ha ha, you guys had to play Zelda: Breath of the Wind because Immortals Fenyx Rising hadn’t been invented yet!