Quarterlies 2020! The Qt3 forum readers’ choice for best game of 2020 is …

Unfounded hypothesis: Based on the wildly flails everything of 2020, we were less interested in spending more time on PCs after a day of WFH and gravitated towards console games, stress relievers, and other experiences that could be enjoyed in small chunks.

You guys are acting like ol’ scharms isn’t a flaming hot take machine or something.

<3 you, buddy.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was a 2018 release and therefore not eligible.

-Tom

Which speaks volumes about the state it’s in. Not to mention that it’s a really unambitious design when it comes to open-world games. I can’t speak to whether it lives up to any hype, but I can speak to its context. You would be hard-pressed to find a worse open-world game with a AAA budget.

-Tom

“bUt It’S rEaLlY nOt An OpEn-WoRlD GAEM!!!”

CP2077 is both hideously broken and deliberately lobotomized to make a release date. It is going to take putting-out-Unit-4-core-fire levels of effort to bang it into something approaching what we were promised. It is very pretty, though, right up there with Elite Dangerous for being a worthy (if empty) screenshot generator.

Damn I missed the voting thread. For posterity here are my top 5 games (this would have bumped Ghost up to 15th! Really surprised that wasn’t higher, it’s so good!)

1. Ghost of Tsushima.
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Crusader Kings 3.
  4. Shadow Empire.
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Actually since you didn’t bold your choices they wouldn’t have counted. 😛

I could easily rerun the script at any time if Bruce doesn’t care too much about going over the deadline and you really want to be counted. :)

For me it is a supreme example of a 7/10 game or a giant bag of french fries. There’s nothing wrong with it and I have hard time stopping, but it’s not really…dinner.

I vote no pesach sheni for the latecomers!!!

I concede ballots postmarked after the date of voting should not be counted.

::shakes fist::

Scharmers!!

I certainly didn’t pick @scharmers in the betting pool for which QT3 agitator would be the first to berate us for being out of touch with the mainstream Internet.

What is this?

Master of Science in Financial Services ( MSFS ) according to google.

Definitely sounds like GOTY material to me.

Flight simulator

Wishlisted!

Thank 'ee!

Geez you gotta give us more time to go wild with the fakeronyms before you answer for real.

If the No Man’s Sky developers at Hello Games could pull this off, I suspect CDPR will, too. I’ll wait for it to be fixed and 75% off for the PS5 in the PS game store. I’m not in any hurry.