Quartermaster General will explore the Alternate Histories of World War II

Title Quartermaster General will explore the Alternate Histories of World War II
Author Tom Chick
Posted in News
When November 9, 2015

I hate to call out a developer making informal comments to his fans about a work in progress, but I'm going to call out a developer making informal comments to his fans about a work in progress anyway..

Read the full article

I would love to try this game, but getting six players together at one time to play a game is near impossible here. The two player looks ok, but we really don't like having to manage multiple hands of cards. Still, it looks really cool.

It works very well with 2, the management side isn't that bad really.

I normally have little interest in these 'history lite' games, but this one looks really good. Does it scale as well as Struggle of Empires?

I don't know how Struggle of Empires scales, but Quartermaster General can be kind of awkward unless you have exactly two or six players.

Thanks. You should really try Struggle of Empires, Tom, especially if you have 4-6 players. The only bad thing about it is the rules. (not unusual for Martin Wallace games)

Oh, right, the Martin Wallace game! I know of it, but I've never played it. We've actually covered it here. Tom McMillan wrote it up a year or so ago.

But, yeah, if it's a Martin Wallace game, I definitely need to play it.

I agree with Andy. I played it a couple times as a 2-player game and the hand management did not seem onerous at all. Part of it is that the sides strategies have multiple ways to complement each other, so that instead of trying to run three separate sides, you feel like you're running a single side with three related elements. So the card management seems natural.