Question on Internet Phone Calls/VOIP for PC

I got a new headset for the PC and I’m wondering about using to make calls over the net (VOIP?) instead of using my iPhone - I like the headset better than the iPhone hands free I have.

I’d prefer some kind of free app but only if there is such a thing that’s reasonably reliable.

I tried doing some research but couldn’t find any credible info amongst all the marketing spam.

Do folks have suggestions or perhaps links to articles that discuss this?

I’ve used Google Voice forever. Free, and works great.

I looked into Google Voice and it seems like it does a lot more than I want. I just want to be able to use my PC headset to make some calls instead of my iPhone hands-free. Heck, maybe I just need to buy a headset for the iPhone.

Not sure what headset you got for PC, but many wireless headsets also allow you to connect to a phone via Bluetooth at the same time.

I bought an inexpensive wired headset for the PC yesterday and just got back from buying a slightly more expensive (but still economical) bluetooth headset for the iPhone - it’s charging now. Same brand as the PC headset, with which I am quite satisfied after a single day of usage.

You don’t have to use any of the other stuff to link or forward to your other numbers. You can just make calls from the website.

If you have Google Fi as your provider, you can just use text and calls through the browser.
https://messages.google.com/web/calls