R.I.P. Prima Games

I would have loved that book.

Instead, everything I learned about getting DOS games to work I learned from the Mechwarrior Boot Disk Maker.

For me it was futzing with the Tie Fighter boot disk.

Origin games molded me into a hardened conventional and EMS/XMS memory ninja.

Wish that Brady guide had come out prior to Win 95. During the DOS-Windows 3.1 period, a buddy of mine taught me the dark arts of config.sys/autoexec.bat file management. Splurged once on a memory management program called QEMM (or something like that) but I could never get it to work right.

QEMM (by Quarterdeck) was great, once you figured it out. I had my batch file menus set up to run various configurations based on the memory and BIOS needs of each game. Fun times. (not)

Dear Lord yes. Getting an Ultima game to run was a 5 hour quest all its own. You should start the actual game at level 2 after that shit.

You can’t have mine. ;)

I worked briefly on one guide, literally just one day/afternoon to do a TRC naming convention pass or something. It was God of War II. Why anyone would need a guide for GoW II is behind me, but I noticed it was missing a lot of useful information like how using the Medusa head on flying enemies auto kills them because they are stoned midair and shatter on the ground. I tried to add this and other stuff. Forget if it made it in.

I bet it is, as I put it on my watch list because of the heartly recommandations of a couple of people here. I’ll report if it isn’t :E

Oh, that is so nice of you!