"Race realism"? It's toxic racist crap. Let's discuss why.

LOL - so noted

Happy to help :)

I think there’s value in the community coming together and visibly shutting down some racist bullshit.

I was in a recent argument about this with some… friends. “Libertarian” tech guru, you can picture the type. Meritocracy yadayadayada. I think what bothers me most is this, so you’re saying… if “races” are different, and people from one continent, say… Europe are substantially different than another, say… Africa or South America… How exactly are they different? Besides malarial resistance because coastal regions or whatever. How exactly. Get them pinned down and it doesn’t take long before they leak, yes it’s because they are dumber and less qualified.

Sure you point out history of racial inequality, shitty schools, whatever, they agree on that point but they don’t believe. They still got this thing Black = Dumb. That’s really it. And they, their race is smart. The guy I was talking to was Chinese. It was not very long ago that the Chinese were viewed as dumb and useless (opium wars, no dogs or chinese allowed.)

All that eugenic BS was justification for the status quo - those that can take what they want, will do it, and then invent excuses to do so. Genghis Khan supposedly gave speeches next to the mountain of a million skulls saying the victims deserved it because they offended God.

Is that the difference?

When a dozen guys do it, it’s okay. If I say something it’s just one “angry” black woman so it’s not okay? It seems like a pretty screwed up line to me.

Some people want to label another Gman, well here you go. It’s not the circular logic though, is the I am a racist but I’ll use words some people don’t understand, hand out cookies and smile in other topics so people will just shrug that he’s trying to pervert science so he can all anyone who is not a white man less than.

Not sure if this is aimed at me (historical evidence says: probably!) but after deleting a few replies, I’m going to stick with my “don’t respond to Nesrie in P&R any more” policy. You do you.

It’s not directed at you…I don’t know why you think it would be. You have not posted racist drivel here or any other topic.

I am responding to you because you think allowing racists stuff as long as the community is against it aok. Except we are okay with racist propaganda, actual white supremacy, openly sexist and subhuman crap with no correction at all, but the other lines, oh no, don’t cross those.

I am so sick of this shit.

We have a topic in QT3 with Race Realism in the title, where a member is goes on and on about the less worthiness of women and non-whites, and we’re going to get mad at me because why? Because I think there is something really screwed up with this plan? And yes, I am angry, that kind of happens when someone shows up in a MCU movie, starts going at it against women, minorities, you know everyone except a white male and the response is loosely, hey, here’s a new topic, carry on.

I gotta be honest, I have no idea what you’re talking about here. This thread is FULL of people who are rebuking the idea of race realism.

Nobody is supporting this guy’s argument and nobody is getting mad at you.

Also, plenty of research points to more diverse organizations generating more revenue and profit. My experience in games mirrors this: diverse teams make better games.

Well that’s literally not true. Adam B got pissy because he thinks I said something I didn’t. It’s right up there.

Because we have moderators that will shut down arguments, lecture, snipe from the sidelines, lock topics, lecture some more but when open actual racism and sexism shows up here well hey, open season, perfectly fine.

He said he prefers not to get involved with P&R discussions with you. Frankly, you’re doing a good job of supporting that position right now.

Yeah. I am pissed off we have a topic on Qt3 with a title that includes Race Realism in it like it’s aok. I am not going to apologize to him or you or anyone else for that.

Qt3 allows racism, but it doesn’t allow people to be angry about it.

What do you think is happening in this thread? We’re all angry about it! Are you suggesting that it should have been deleted instead? If that was the case, none of us would be able to pile on and show this neanderthall how dumb he is.

How about when he started going into his bullshit science, sexist and racist rant in the middle of the Captain Marvel movie topic, we not treat it the exact same way as we would if some interesting discussion in an unrelated topic and now it needs a new topic to preserve it.

As for what is happening in this thread, we have one person who is exposing clearly racists views using modern lingo to hide it but no one is really buying it. His behavior here, his place here, his acceptance no change whatsoever because i guess he is sharing his vile thoughts and beliefs in the right way.

I was suggesting this. I think the posts should have been removed with an explanation of why and no new topic created.

We will not tolerate open bigotry or racism. We will also moderate any accounts that we suspect are “dog whistling” alt-right ideas. We’re very concerned about the use of social media to promulgate hate, and we will do everything we can to make sure it doesn’t happen here.

From the rules of the forum, seems pretty clear-cut to me.

What Nesrie said. I am glad that the QT3 community, by and large, will shame blatant racism. I am disappointed that QT3 moderators will allow members to post blatant racism, with the only consequence that their posts may be shunted into the R&P forum.

Make no mistake – “race realism” isn’t harmless non-PC jargon. It is racism. And this thread is explicitly intended to host a discussion about the merits of racism. I find that disquieting.

Seriously how is this even an acceptable thread here?

Yeah, I would have been fine if the nasty racist claptrap was nuked from orbit after a few of us had our chance to dunk on it.

I took this thread as explicitly intended to host a beatdown of racist ideology.