Racing games - GTR, Race07, Rfactor, etc

Do you have a playstation? GT Sport is fantastic to learn with.

I pushed my time on a bit and made #1.

That turn at the top of the hill after the second chicane is really challenging. Trying to brake and turn while dealing with the weight transfer on the hill crest and the off-camber piece is a thing. I think I get it wrong in a totally different way every lap.

Alas, just a PC.

Nice don’t think I’ll be able to get close to that time. Getting into the 1:06 is my goal right now.

The more I drive the XBow RR the more I like it. Current practice suggests the running would be tiiiight.

It’s only 800kg too, so success ballast would definitely be effective. I really began to feel the drag in my Cupra touring car when we got to 84kg and that thing is 500 kilos heavier than the XBow to start with.

I received a strange email about a FedEx shipment from Claudia Sysak with Sudduth Global Logistics. I searched on the business name at first and didn’t find anything. Then I remembered about the wheel I just ordered.

Sure enough, Claudia is famous among everyone in the US buying a Fanatec wheel in 2020.

I still won’t believe it until it’s on my doorstep! There’s no way they are this prepared.

Congrats! Playing on a nice wheel is so very immersive.

Someone squeezed into that gap.

After all the XBow fun the car that won the season 7 voting was… the Formula 4. Going back to open wheel for the first time since season 3.

If you test the car, @Octavious230, note it has exactly two “Final Drive” settings and we’ll be allowing drivers to pick whichever one they want at each race. There will be some circuits where the first setting runs out of RPM before the end of longer straights and you’ll be on the limiter.

Also, people are picking liveries right now and there are only 20 before we have to double up. So if you like a particular paintjob, you need to hit the season 7 thread and claim it.

I just claimed number five. Having a rough week so don’t know when I’ll get a chance to drive again. Daughter scratched her eye and we are running around going to doctors. :(

That’s rough. I hope she’s OK.

We’ll be testing for a while now as we votes on the tracks for next season and try to work out what ballast system works for these cars.

Geez 160hp. My civic would smoke this car. :) That’s good though will be a good car to start with in the league.

Importantly it survives contact better than the faster formula cars.

Got to give it a shot for a bit tonight. Wayyyyy easier than the f3. Only time I’m spinning is when I downshift too fast. 1:13 flat in my practice sessions. I’ll hit the leaderboard tomorrow. I think that’s a great pick for a car as it should be some fun racing.

Now I’m third in the dorks list. :) Were you running a stock setup? It seems your gear changes were way faster than mine.

Yes, we only allow factory changes, (things you can move from the cockpit), so everyone should be on the stock setup. In the F4 you can change final drive if there’s a long straight that’s putting you on the limiter and the brake balance, that’s it. I think the F4 has launch control for starts, but that won’t affect leaderboard times.

If I’m getting up the gears more quickly and pulling away then it suggest corner exit speed was better.

Ya I’m probably slow on the turn before the start line. Either way I’m happy that I’m not like 10 seconds behind you guys.

That sort of time will comfortably put you in the front of the second group. It’s a real bun fight in there so you’ll get a lot of racing.

Mental note. Don’t join races before running the track. :) I had no idea where the braking points were on either track. Played a bunch afterwards and mostly got the hang of both. I seem to be learning the tracks faster than before which is good, but ya I could even remotely keep up.

F1 2020 released the 2020 F2 update for free this week. I tried it for a bit, but honestly the way the cars drive in that game kind of drives me nuts. I just can never feel comfortable no matter how much I try. I must have run a million laps on Australia and I still suck with those cars. The F2 cars are much worse to drive than the F1. HUGE amounts of understeer. It’s like a brick with a rocket attached to it.