random retro game console fun fact:

I had no idea Gravis made the gamepad for the Philips CDI console:

Yeah identical to the PC version. Which was hot garbage.

Hey, I had one of…those

So did I. And pretty much instantly lost the little joystick that screwed into the left side.

I liked some of the gamepads and joysticks made and the Gravis UltraSound sound card was…finicky but sounded good. They just disappeared into office products giant Kensington sometime.

I could never understand the love those things seemed to get on Prodigy message boards and usenet back in the day. Not only weren’t they anything special control-wise, but they were as fragile as eggs. I dropped one onto the chair I was sitting in to answer the phone and it broke the stupid thing (the dpad no longer went left)

Exactly, it was a piece of crap

Nothing beat this bad boy back in the day.

I had this and liked it:

I had one of those; lasted forever.

Oh man, I had one of those! Yeah it was pretty good.

This was my joystick of choice through the C64 years. Think I still have it somewhere -

For my Amstrad 6128, seen here:

I have to admit, after looking at several joystick images on the internet of ones that worked with that computer, I can’t remember which one I had. I do remember having to open it and clean the connection plates so that it worked properly again.

I’m kinda there with you. I don’t remember the first sticks I had for the PC, though I know I had them. The first stick I REMEMBER having for the PC was the CH Flightstick Pro around 1992-3. I think I got it for X-Wing.

No wait now I do remember which stick I had before the CH, it was this mediocre thing.

91cZyZU7VML.SX342

I loved that Gravis stick and it was my first too. I played WC1, WC2 and Silpheed with it. I don’t know why you call it mediocre.

It never (get the laughter out now weirdos) held its stiffness for very long. I had to tighten it back allllllll the time. Beyond that it was a decent stick, but I’m so glad I got the CH to replace it. I used that thing for years.

Then again come to think of it it might’ve been my fault and not the Gravis’. I am pretty hard on my sticks (yeah ha ha).

Speaking of retro stuff, I bought a 27 inch Sony WEGA CRT TV I’m going to use for my PS2 and a Retropie rig.

Niiiice

I had many joysticks, until my path crossed the Speedking’s depicted above, I never had to buy another one. Like @TheWombat said, that thing was indestructible.
Unlike my CPC’s floppy drive, and all the ones I have collected since then: none works. Hurray for the MiSTer!

This is the holy grail. I bought one last year to plug into an RPI emulator but haven’t had the chance to set it up.