Raph making the big bucks!

Well, I wouldn’t necessarily fault DaveC for being a bit sensitive.

Having worked for game magazines for many years, I know what it’s like to create products that 89.6% of the online crowd do nothing but bitch about… :-/

Umm, I never said those things. All I said was that I enjoyed PS and wondered aloud why Ty seemed to take a lot of shots at devs. As for the “reviewing > designing” I’m not sure what you are talking about.

Since when did asking questions and challenging people’s statements qualify as touchy? Also, if people are going to say things about games I have worked on do I not have the right to clarify where I see fit or is it a devs job to quietly take all criticisms and ask for more?

Since when did asking questions and challenging people’s statements qualify as touchy? Also, if people are going to say things about games I have worked on do I not have the right to clarify where I see fit or is it a devs job to quietly take all criticisms and ask for more?[/quote]

Touchy touchy touchy! ;)

McCullough is simply nuts.
Cathcart likes gay 2D side scrollers on the GBA.
Steve Bauman runs a crappy magazine which I subscribe to.
Denny is a horrible, miserable, atrocious game reviewer, but a very nice guy.
Brett Todd is a saint.
Jeff Lackey is really on the ball with regards to most issues, but a detective RPG will never fly.
Brian Koontz posts useless drivel and occasionally one good point. (Much like me.)

All of these things I have said at one time or another and I may harp on if the situation presents itself. I do not, as a rule, make any attempts to single out and attack developers. I am an Equal Opportunity Irritant (EOI).

I don’t know what this thread is about, but I see Tyjenks got in a lot of replies. Tyjenks is on the posting treadmill!

Yeah, that’s all he needs. More replies.

I noticed he said the same thing in several posts. I’ll have to try that.

Have you guys noticed that Tyjenks likes to make several posts saying essentially the same thing, making all the same points, but just changing up the wording a little bit so that it doesn’t look like the same post he just made?

We’re on to ya, Ty.

And I’m one post away from 1000. Finally. Sheesh, Tyler, how do you do it???

It does not seem to get through the first time so constant re-iteration complete with anecdotal examples becomes my course of action. Maybe I should just quote myself and save my dainty digits from all the work.

Or you could just shut the hell up. Both ways work :)

— Alan

How would one do that?

Alternatively, people could not reply and I would not be forced to artificially extend the discussion’s thread life.

I certainly hope you’re talking about the breed in general with the first half of that sentence.

I know how cheap it is to hire someone to kick someone’s ass in Alabama, you know. www.redneckswithgunracks.org

Since when did asking questions and challenging people’s statements qualify as touchy? Also, if people are going to say things about games I have worked on do I not have the right to clarify where I see fit or is it a devs job to quietly take all criticisms and ask for more?[/quote]

Touchy touchy touchy! ;)[/quote]

You want touchy, I’ll show you touchy! I have deployed my secret cadre of ninja nerds that will infiltrate your home, tie you up and ask you Star Trek questions 24/7 until you see things my way! Bwahahahahahahaha!

[size=2]Did I type that out loud?[/size]

Yes.

Hey Dave…I think I replied to somebody else in a reply to you…I got a bit confused and merged two replies…that was last night at 1 am when I was at work doing a migration.

Yes.[/quote]

This is hilarious!

On-topic: congratulations, Raph. :)

Yes.[/quote]

This is hilarious!

On-topic: congratulations, Raph. :)[/quote]

Yeah, the Vault is notorious for its lack of moderation and allowing personal attacks on devs and each other; all part of the fun. I’m glad to see that Mythic had apparently stood its ground on the issue.

I’m glad to see that Mythic had apparently stood its ground on the issue.

I’d be glad to see Mythic run their own message boards. Talk about lack of communication…

Yes.[/quote]

This is hilarious!

On-topic: congratulations, Raph. :)[/quote]

Yeah, the Vault is notorious for its lack of moderation and allowing personal attacks on devs and each other; all part of the fun. I’m glad to see that Mythic had apparently stood its ground on the issue.[/quote]

When I played DAoC which was right around its release, for a period of ~6 months, those forums were moderated like crazy. Stuff got locked all the time and people were banned left and right.

What do you mean by Mythic standing their ground? They are taking the easy road out, just like Verant/SOE did with EQ and those boards way back when. If you ask me, its pathetic when you wont dont some form of 2-way communication with your player/customers.

olaf

They run private boards that they use to communicate to TL’s and the “testing” community. Also, TL’s are having their reports responded to directly and commented on - but it’s up to the TL’s to post these for public consumption.