Razer corp turns into assholes

Checked the link, looks like a stand-alone download. Maybe we should be more receptive so they will incorporate it in the drivers next time.

FWIW, I like Razer’s Synapse software. I’ve had a much easier time customizing key/button functionality using Razer’s software than using Logitech’s and Corsair’s.

Not impressed with what they’re doing re: cryptocurrency mining though.

I like how Logitech’s update notification likes to steal focus and update twice a fucking week.

My mouse functionality hasn’t changed since I bought it, motherfuckers. Knock it off.

That is really really odd. I have never had that, like ever… I’ve been running combo mouse/keyboard drivers from them for 5 years.

Might be something specific to my MX Master and its software? It’s “Logitech Options” and it only happens on Win10.

I’m totally willing to chalk it up to yet another of the subtle ways that Microsoft has embedded in Win10 to remind me that it hates me and wants me to suffer.

I have G502 mouse and G710+ keyboard, so maybe? I thought Logitech software was the same across the board, but then again - I don’t have any fancy LED stuff going on.

I miss the old legacy Logitech win32 mouse drivers which could be enhanced with UberOptions.

@Menzo is pretty spot on.
The sick and elderly who go out of their way to buy a Razr product for cryptomining? Yeah… no, that’s not going to happen, what an absurd example.
And everyone else is responsible for informing themselves about purchases they make, including those buying extravagant hardware for their kids. Everything else (such as blind trust in a company) is stupid, and stupidity asks for punishment. Scammers like that and those who let themselves be scammed like that often deserve each other.

Indeed.
Though my last mouse was a mispurchase, as well. It works fine, has my favourite amount of buttons (five), but damn that thing is loud. Very clicky games annoy the hell out of me and my GF…
Now I have a well-working mid-price-ranged mouse, but have to replace it anyway to stay sane.
Which is in fact a good example of what I wrote above. I did not inform myself properly about the mouse before purchasing it, and got deservedly punished for my stupidity.

But now I know that the first thing I check for in keyboards & mice is silence. I don’t get people who buy themselves loud hardware on purpose, especially if they are in a room with other people…

Logitech has a cheap, near-silent wireless mouse that I picked up a few weeks ago. Working fine so far, but it is on the small side.

Thanks, Kanye. MAGA!!!

… what?

Sorry, I’m not that informed about 'Murican insider memes.

Basically, Kanye West says blacks scam themselves and are the source of their own misfortune. Do you think slaves and their masters “deserve(d) each other”?

Very often, people are (entirely or partly) the source of their own misfortune, yet put the blame squarely on others. Point that out to them and you get “victim blaming!!!frothing rage” shouted at your face…

But I wouldn’t put slavery into that category. I’m not an expert in history of enslavement, but I’d guess that slaves didn’t have a choice besides being a slave or horrible fates trying to break free.

I don’t see what being enslaved (which was mandatory if you wanted to live) has to do with being scammed (which is optional and only requires informing yourself to prevent), though…

My point is that being vulnerable is not a crime.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

But if you are vulnerable because you did not inform yourself, then that vulnerability is still your own fault, and you are also to blame in part for anything that results from that.
Not educating yourself isn’t a crime, either. But it is a choice, whose consequences one is responsible for.

Kids crypto mining because they see or are told other kids are doing it are vulnerable.

Is that even a thing? I mean, I have no idea what kids these days are up to, but that would strike me as odd to say the least.

If the question is “Will kids trade their time for free [x]?” the answer is always yes.

Yea it takes 1 kid who thinks he’s getting free stuff, and the next day his entire school is mining. It’s called the Fortnite effect.

Sounds to me like a collective parental failure.
Parents who care don’t just blindly buy their kid everything it wants but check it out first.