Ready Player One - Spielberg takes on the king of MMOs.

He was dead all along!

Green lootboxes are people!

soylent

I saw the trailer and am interested. I theought they at least captured the general vibe I got from the book.

The poster is accurate

So, wait, a bunch of geeks can launch into a frenzy and start ridiculing something that’s actually perfectly fine? Is this the new Star Wars thread?

It may be fine but it looks goofy. The leg does look too long, even if it’s just a trick of perspective. I’m surprised no one thought it looked odd.

<HROSE>I said it was a perspective problem earlier in the thread. </HROSE>

If I didn’t already have enough reasons to hate that this exists they went and did these

Man this movie is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The good news is that the internet is already working on this.

LOL. That theme encapsulates the book quite well.

"Remember all this awesome nostalgic stuff?! Yeah… man, it was cool.

Also CGI."

While you guys didn’t like the book, I thought it was a thrill ride down Memory Lane. Maybe I don’t get pandered to all that often, but I certainly liked that experience. And I think you guys are unfairly picking on the movie adaptation. Critics haven’t even had a chance to rip on it yet. That said, I do like this thing of ridiculously remixing classic movie posters.

Those are great. And the book was unanimously well received when it came out. Though it came out right before our entire world went crazy with remakes and nostalgia became weaponized.

The book was fun, hope the movie is too.

I’ve been pretty consistent in my dislike since release, these from 2011-2012

Fair enough, most of the reviews in the usual places you can find online are fairly positive.

I loved it myself, but I’m dubious about the movie.

Posters are groovy.

I mean, it’s caused the Rifftrax guys to start a book podcast just to tear this stuff apart

http://372pages.com/about