Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Create a shortcut to RebelGalaxyEGS.exe and add “-EpicPortal”

Wonder if this helps/hurts in any way?

Wanted to try NVIDIA’s DSR with this but doesn’t seem to detect the higher resolutions.

So glad to hear you got your computer to un-eff itself!

Just wanted to say thanks for this tip! I was able to add the game to my Steam library and play it via the Steam Link app on the Apple TV. Bypassing the Launcher was the last piece of the puzzle.

This appears to be the greatest game of all time. That’s factual, right?

Only a couple of hours in, but I’m really impressed by the mini-games, and the overall polish.

I’m going to be “that guy” and break up the stream of effusive praise to suggest that the learning curve on this is rough. Even as a seasoned Rebel Galaxy player who should know what’s what, the early game seems to be an exercise in stumbling into encounters I can’t win and can’t run from.

I picked up some illegal cargo early on thinking it wouldn’t be a big deal. Then I wandered over the station I was supposed to go to in order to collect my payoff for my active mission. Police scanned me and ugliness ensued. I tried to dock anyway, but surprise in this game one can’t dock while the police are angry! Then I tried running with afterburners and no desire to engage. That worked eventually, but then I was stuck. Couldn’t complete my active mission, and wasn’t even sure how to find another station. The heads up ring display option for nearest station just took me back to . . . the station where the police were waiting to jump me. So I went back to that station and tried using my comms to get out of the sitch. That let me dump the dodgy cargo, but it didn’t mollify the police. They blew me up anyway.

I eventually figured out the solution. Exit to main menu. Start new game.

This is worth a watch if you want a pretty good ‘getting started’ tutorial

Notably for things like the map to pick other destinations, managing your hold, etc. etc.

Kind of getting tired of dying to mines - I’m losing a ton of progress to them. Any good ways to deal with them? They seem to just come out of no where and batter me around faster than I can destroy them, especially in the middle of a fight (they don’t seem to bother the enemy ships)?

Is there a written version I can digest in five minutes as opposed to a 42 minute video? Or online help that will explain this? Maybe a wiki or a good guide in a forum somewhere?

Played a couple of hours. Fantastic game, but you all know that already. Congrats to the whole Double Damage team!

They show up as tiny dots on your radar, red. I usually slow to a stop and pick them off at a distance.

Does scanning the local area help in those situations? BTW, can one set up a dedicated keyboard key for that purpose as in the first Rebel Galaxy?

They’re magnetic, and they ARE attracted to other ships (fighters anyway)
You will hear a beep and rising sound when they arm. Boost away if you do!
Also maybe worth pushing your engines harder with power allocation and getting out.

I played for a little over an hour so far. Fantastic so far. I only quit out when I took 4 missions, and did two of them, then went after a distress signal for the first time and found it to be an ambush. I was way outmatched. The game told me to try talking to them, but sadly they seemed to know they had a huge advantage over me. I did manage to kill two of them, but they got me eventually.

It feels so good to start in a garbage scow! Woo!

Great choice to have the “mining laser” be a very satisfactory sounding weapon to start off with.

I didn’t care that it was on the Epic Store instead of Steam until the Epic Store is flaking out and won’t sign me in properly so I can’t buy the game…

So that’s dumb. Hopefully they fix it at some point soonish.

Loving the game so far.

My only issue so far is that I have turned the sound down to 20% which is great for combat/voices/music, but, the jump gates are deafening.

It’s a good sign when a store refers to you as ‘null’ right? Like I get all the games free or something?

Hi Travis, now this is out pls start on the console port asap TIA.

Surround?

Reminds me of the xkcd Johnny Droptables strip.