Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Wait, why is it saying the 14th when we were told it was the 13th? So confused.

Hmm, in my version of the launcher it says 8/13 still.

Putting together my new pc build this weekend.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw will be the first game played on the new pc.

HYPE.

Lucky you. Building a new PC is such an awesome experience. Until one of the parts turns out to be bad. And you get to RMA it and do it all over again a week later.

I’m trying to ward off the bad mojo thank you very much ; )

But yeah, I live in fear with every new build. I’ve had some good luck in the past, probably due for some misery.

Tractor beaming cargo dropped from a pirate I blasted… game piracy never dies, apparently:

So is the $29.99 a discounted price that goes up at release, or is that just the end price?

End price.

That just in itself is completely awesome. I have paid almost triple for DLC planes. Of course that is comparing horses to harleys but still.

You should have just done your usual “Get it! Get it NOW!” and made another convert.

That fraction of a second when you press the power button and pray that it will actually boot. That feeling of being suspended in spacetime, Schrödinger’s user.

poetry man, pure poetry <.passes joint>

My first ever build didn’t boot. I panicked then decided to work forwards from the easiest fixes. First: switch the power sockets.

It was a dodgy socket and the thing booted. If I hadn’t done that god knows how much time I’d have spent working out the problem…

Still keep seesawing on trying to scrap up the money for this. Weird problem that even though it does look like I can play it, I can’t stream it and I’m in a spot where playing a game that I can’t stream feels like wasted time since I can’t use it for work.

At any rate, between gamepad and a flight stick (the extreme 3dpro is what I have) which would be recommended? Also I see that a third person view is available, does it provide advantages that will make me feel like I’m missing out if I play only in first person?

I think Travis said gamepad was the go to default.

I read that as Gravis gamepad and was like wow, classics never die!

I’m trying to be nicer.

Not really. Obviously you’ll have a slightly wider viewing range around your craft but I don’t find it that beneficial, at least not in the heat of battle. It’s also locked to rear-view AFAIK so you’re mostly just looking at your tail-lights the whole time…unless there’s a “free camera” setting I’ve missed @tbaldree??

No free camera in combat - just photo mode- It’s locked tight so that aiming isn’t basically impossible. You do have a wider and more open view than first person, especially if you’re in a brick like the Platypus, but I think there’s a tradeoff in awareness vs forward facing reticles.

I think the game looks lovely in third person, I love the processing effects/depth of field going on there, but I’m going for the cockpit view because I prefer the forward facing reticles, for sure. Also the feeling of being in a fighter ship in space would feel … lost, in third person view. I’ll take plenty of screenshots from that view though.

And sometimes you just want to look at your ship, amirite?