Rebel Galaxy

But that song is sooo good.

Oh yes, that version is amazing, no doubt. I was fortunate enough to see TWO live concerts with the BSG musicians, including that live. Amazing shit.

yessssssssssss!

This thread was a pleasant surprise today. Whatever it is, I’m looking forward to it.

Same here. You can take that to the bank mr baldtree :)

I normally don’t buy preorders, but I will say I find myself reflexively throwing money at the screen. I’m just thankful no coins were in my pockets.

Y’all can keep this under your hat here in the forum, right?
Somethin’ a little bigger. And less obviously combat-fighter-oriented…

Happy Screenshot Saturday!

Does it still have alien languages that are earth languages run through your “make this alien” process?
Because that was awesome, far better than the usual gibberish pretending to be a real language…

Ans that game looks like what I remember Wing Commander looked like through the rose tinted glasses of my memory…

If I had to guess, that looks like we’ll have the ability to set up mining claims and get a steady income coming in to fund all the pew-pew.

And when we come back to get our load to go & sell it, it’ll be like Christmas seeing what the mines have disgorged in our absence!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Daaaaaaaammmmmmn

Yussssss!

That looks so hawt. I’m looking at that screenshot wondering how many of the cockpit elements are meaningful and how many are just atmosphere. For instance, the wireframe bits on the asteroid. Are those significant or just decoration? What about that “power bar” in the center left? Is that measuring something or is it just dressing? Can I click my mouse on things in the cockpit? Or are there hotkeys? Or both? Also, that’s going on with the HUD? There seem to be some targeting elements around the reticle. I see the letters for “dock something-or-other” in reverse. What is that? Is the name of Nacogooches stamped on the asteroid to the left?

Anyway, nice spacepr0n! So glad to see this is the next step after Rebel Galaxy, presumably building on the awesome work done in that game.

-Tom

I can’t make out the dock something, but the lettering on the left looks like ‘Nacogdoches Station.’ So it appears to be a space station, owned or operated by Nacogdoches Mining.

(My sister went to Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, TX; that’s how I know how to spell it)

The fuel and power bars, radar (natch)m Auto/Jump etc. are all functional. The MFD is multifunction. There are dynamic elements around the reticle for various purposes. The wireframe bits on the asteroid on the MFD are decorative, unless you are talking about the shield bars, or I am misunderstanding what you are talking about.

The MFD look though is custom to this specific ship, so none of the others are laid out or function precisely the same way (as you can see in the animated gif). The color ghosting and wiggliness of them are because these are all basically CRTs. If it looks like it is supposed to do something it probably does something. The little square buttons scattered around don’t have a physical purpose except to look cool. Although you can see your hands reach out and mess with stuff sometimes.

Mouse control is not point-and-click style when in flight, so you don’t click on the physical buttons.

Yes, the letters painted on the station are Nacogdoches (the name of this specific station) and it says Cargo Dock there as well. I was born in Nacogdoches. ;)

Well, I’m kinda hoping its a sandbox I’m looking at, it seems the more obvious route to take for you guys anyway. I don’t mind a good story driven stuff, but the best has always had a more sandbox feel to them, with lots to discover.

Did she study bionics? (ba-dump … pish!)

Will the PS4 Pro version have anything special going on? Higher frame rate maybe?