Rebel Galaxy

@tbaldree when you guys are done with this masterpiece, please finish the miniatures game you made this paint tool for, kthx. :)

You’re a spaceship, Harry!

Damn you for making me laugh at an inopportune time!

Ser Jaime Lannister just showed me I can paint my own spaceship. Mind blown.

Man they really nailed some epic feeling combat switching between broadside guns and the tight zoom on the turrets in original RG. I launched it for a laugh and im getting sucked back in!

Playing this most reminds me of the Aubrey / Maturin books. The sea battles in the days of sail.

I loved this game to bits and was super sad to find out that Outlaw ended up up going to smaller ships where I wanted to go to bigger ships haha. I keep thinking there must be more games in this vein, but last I heard was SPAZ2 was…sad. I played a whole bunch of Starfleet Command 2: Orion Pirates (back in the day of games in boxes!) but…is there anything else I missed?

The MMO called Dreadnought is something I’d call similar (giant capital ships pew pewing), but its a PvP MMO and like no one plays it anymore.

Yeah, I played it for a bit. Quickly lost interest.

The trailer for that was a great example of going from unaware to hyped to completely uninterested in a single video. Giant capital ship broadside-based combat? Yes, please! Oh, a PVP MMO? Hard pass.

Yea, I felt exactly the same. Why or why did it need to be MMOy?

Because with pvp mmo you have a couple things that make sense business wise: engaged players will pay for things like microdlc and shit, continuous income ftw.

Furthermore, you can stop at building some mechanics and graphics. No need for AI that can play the game, which as we all know is a hard problem. No need for a bunch of authored single player content.

It’s just a cheap way of cashing in on a half baked game.

So say us all. I was all Leonardo “You have my attention” up till I realised it was MMO. As I get older I want to play my pace and action MMOs aren’t where it is.

Like most indy MMO’s it will die fairly soon do to a lack of player base, as it becomes a self fufilling prophecy as there aren’t enough players and no one will buy/play the game because there aren’t enough players.

Also, on a side note, I think it is very strange having these huge warships hugging the terrain on planets rather than fighting it out in space.

There was a space MOBA for a while, but they went pay to win after a while.

Now, it’s official no longer running, but some players have set up a few servers, and have unlocked everything.

Fractured Space

Great idea, until they went Pay to Win with the ability to buy crew. Before that, you needed to grind or pay to unlock ships, but they were mostly balanced.

You could even play as a Carrier, launching bombers. Or a stealth ship, or basically a giant Turret.

Saw on Epic store this one is free currently…

This is a great game, I’m also sad that they focused on single-pilot action, of which there are just a literal TON of games competing and they ended up making something that just wasn’t very fun either.

So I hope they make a sequel, there are LITERALLY almost no games like this out there, only the first of the Starpoint Gemini games had similar and it was poor compared to this kick ass title.

Broadsides baby.

Agreed and agreed. I played RG many times. I played like half of RGO and quit.

Travis retired from making games, unfortunately (for us).

He did? How did I miss that?