Recent air combat sim recommendations?

You’re gonna have to let this go mate, if you want accessible sims to survive.

I think he was agreeing that some sims work great with controller.

This one appears to be built to be played that way.

Oh, gladly!

Like I’ve said before, I’ve been pining for a good arcade sim in the vein of Crimson Skies since… Crimson Skies.

I was speaking for the community made up of guys who buy actual F-14 seats on Ebay, along with gyro-mounts for their joysticks and use 9 monitors for their setup.

I gave Nuclear Option a spin. It’s obviously early days, but it looks and feels extremely promising.

I loaded up one of those little CAS birds with nothing but gunpods and had myself a day. Laughed the whole way through.

Ah, I misread then, apologies.

I totally agree that game pad play is not flight-sim heresy (and I will not recant) but jeezus do i suck at piloting with a pad. I hates it.

Has this been posted here already?

TL;DR F4 BMS is now ‘legit’ and has been given the right to develop F4 BMS (essentially) into perpetuity. F4 BMS will remain free (only a copy of the original F4, easily aquired via Steam nowadays, is required).

IMO this is huge, something I’d never have thought possible in (sigh) 2003

That’s wonderful news, thank you for sharing!

From my understanding the modern MicroProse has no shared DNA with the MicroProse of the golden times, but this handling of BMS business and what modern MicroProse has done with other things so far definitely makes me, an atheist, consider reincarnation might be a real thing. :D

Right? It’s so much better than we could’ve hoped. What a great impostor.

Yeah, its nice that neu-Microprose is more of an enthusiast than a Pro publisher, except when I run down their discord page game threads,and see that none of the stuff they’re publishing has an firm release date.

Publishers need to tell devs to shit or get off the pot sometimes.

The BMS handling is a class move, but common sense, too. The Venn diagram of sim grogs and what MP’s selling is basically one circle. Don’t shit where you eat is always good advice.

Just an FYI the IL-2 Sturmovik series has been review bombed recently.

Why?

https://www.reddit.com/r/il2sturmovik/comments/16upy29/official_il2_twitter_account_tweets_in_support_of/

Might be best to avoid picking up any of the DLC for now.

The community manager gave the excuse of the account being “hacked”, and then that turned into an explanation that the account was being used by accident by someone who was trying to post to their personal account. There has long been concerns about this Russian developer and their stance on the invasion of Ukraine, and whoever is in charge of this account is a right wing pro russia fuckwad. Someone in that reddit thread has links to archived posts and likes, and it is pretty much what you might expect from that type of person.

Well shit. Thanks for the heads up.

I think that it is odd that the damage control has been limited to a post by a CM on the official discord, and not anything more of an official statement from the company.

I mean, 1C is a Russian company, so you would expect that company to have developers that are in support of the war. I wouldn’t expect a company to ask their employees to say anything negative about the Putin regime out of fear of retaliation from the government. But, they simply could have not said anything, and they chose to use their public platform to support the illegal invasion of Ukraine.

Clearly, the mask slipped here.

There is a response, it’s just a terrible response.

https://twitter.com/il2bos/status/1707502988343091558

That’s a bad fuckin look, 1C.

Yeah, I’mma be uninstalling the whole kit and kaboodle next time I turn my PC on.

I had recently been thinking about getting into Flying Circus. Well, that’s gone now.

Get Wings over Flanders Fields instead.

Or hell, Rad Baron 3D or Flying Corps Gold at this point.

Yes because seperating art from the artist is not something to do.

No more money from me to them either though. Fuck 'em.

Couldn’t read it apparently they deleted it and claimed someone hacked them. Sure.