Recent Indie Games

Man, I’m still not even close to finished with DROD:JtRH.

Wow, Aquaria looks amazing.

Also Peggle is one of the few games I can get my girlfriend to play. Between that and Puzzle Quest I may make her a gamer yet.

That’s o.k., I try not to carry grudges and could be the one apologizing for being ill informed… but I’m to busy playing Peggle to really care.

I hate you Chet!

This is as close as I could find to a generic indie game thread.

I just stumbled on this babe:

It’s called You Have to Win the Game, and it’s an exploration/platformer in the VVVVVV vein, except the gimmick is the simulated CRT display rather than gravity flipping (complete with curved monitor and glare!). You explore a magenta world, looking for hidden bags. Your completion percent is always there in the bottom right, goading you on. It looks and plays great. (The creator, J. Kyle Pittman, is a Gearbox developer).

Get it here:
http://www.piratehearts.com/blog/games/you-have-to-win-the-game/

I always keep an eye out for ‘The Best of Indie’ thread at gamasutra:

As it turns up some gems i might miss in the new (and awesome) jungle of indie gaming.

Alternatively, there is a indie games tab on gamasutra, that leads to their indie games coverage. Indie Games Plus - Creative, Personal, Passionate Digital Experiences

I’ve stopped tracking indie (as in freeware) stuff during the year because it usually fills up my backlog and then I toss most of it in the trash. I think now I’ll stick with end-of-the-year lists and play the scene favorites. TIGSource did a top 20 the past few years (both free and pay games) and it pretty much covered everything I independently decided I wanted to play from that year.

If you worry about missing the gems, maybe try that to set yourself at ease.