Recover contacts on Sony Ericsson phone

So my wife is transferring a few pictures and when the transfer wizard asks if she wants to delete the pictures from her phone, she says yes. Next thing she knows all her contacts are gone from the phone.

At least that’s her version and looking at her, there’s no way I’m suggesting she did anything else.

So is there any tool or trick that lets you recover lost contacts from a Sony Ericsson phone? Had it been pictures from a memory card, USB-drive or harddisk, I’d been quite confident, but contacts on a phone is another thing and I have no clue. Anybody?

Your best bet would probably be to take it into an AT&T/Sprint/Verizon/whatever-carrier-you-have store, and see if they have utilities to do that. Some of them do, but it’s becoming rarer in favor of online backups and the like. More and more carriers these days charge for a service to sync up your contacts with an online server, which will backup and restore as needed.

But, when I used to work for Sprint, sometimes they could transfer/recover contact lists from certain phones.

I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you (or her), but that’ll be your best bet.

Tried restoring from the SIM card? My sony ericsson backed up all contact list stuff to the sim card. When I had this happen, it was just a matter of restoring from the SIM.

My first thought, but she hadn’t backed up to SIM.
This experience is teaching her a lot about backups… but being the house techie it’s somewhat my fault, that she didn’t do this already.

It’s a trap!

Sorry, nothing constructive here, other than sympathy. My wife is a rather geeky so there’s a lot less pressure on me when things go all pear-shaped.

If you have backup sony contacts to google account.Provided that you have logged into your google account before you lost contacts. Google will automatically store your contacts in your Gmail account.
How to regain sony mobile phone contacts
How to restore sony cell phone messages

I do not know what program you still have the possibility via Gmail on your pc retrieve lost contacts from Sony. For it opens Gmail, top left click on the drop down menu to select contacts. Once the contact list displayed (which should be empty for your case) you click on the drop which is just after “add contact” and you can request a restore menu.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam.

Reported!

The best practice is to backup the contacts via Gmail. Once it was deleted, you can restore from a single tap.

Meh, spam.

Fuck, another one!

Fuck. Another one.