Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Didn’t GTA V have a thing where you could skip a mission if you failed it a couple of times? Would think RDR2 would have that as well.

That rings a bell, yeah, that’s very possible.

Still, the reasons I can think of to not necessarily be day 1 with RDR 2 is either A) not sure if you’d have fun with it or B) cost/resources (including time to play). Same as any other game, really. My son, who loves GTA V and plays even still online with his friends every now and then, isn’t grabbing RDR 2 because he’s just not super into westerns.

For that, I’m aiming to change his mind by making him watch Unforgiven this weekend, though, and I suspect he’ll get a bellyfull of RDR 2 coverage this coming weekend, as well, and he’ll realize he does want it.

Looks like the full map has leaked as well. We should probably start being pretty sensitive to potential spoilers for those wilting daisies like myself :).

I’ve seen it. Looks like a map to me, it doesn’t really mean anything out of context, and it looks identical to what was leaked years ago (which is kind of crazy). It’s an image from the strategy guide, it looks like, and you can’t make out details (like land marks) at all, or I can’t anyway, and it’s in German.

I’ll post it here for those curious, but just the link to the image, not the image itself.

https://rockstarintel.com/content/images/2018/10/unel4euq0st11.jpg

e: To @Scrax’s point about spoilers, yes let’s try and be respectful of those that want no spoilers, even things like weapon stats and such, and use spoiler tags liberally just in case.

I’m assuming that’s the same map that’s included with physical copies of the game. Find out in a few days, I guess.

Oh right, that’s probably more likely than the strategy guide. Derp.

e: Nope, it turns out I was actually right - this is from the Piggyback strategy guide. There are higher quality scans of the map, as well as weapons floating around (but in German or some other language I’m not familiar with). I didn’t look at them too close (and I’m not a gun guy enough to know what different weapons being in the game even mean anyway) but it’s definitely from the guide.

Good call - I watched the Tim Rogers recap and was happy with that and not having to go back to Mexico (plus I can’t find my PS3).

Forgot I preordered the Ultimate version of this until Rockstar cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago – then got a message from them today apologizing for that happening, and saying they were sending me a copy for free because of it. Hope nobody had to work overtime for that, but that’s a pretty great customer relations move.

Precisely. But then I recalled I managed GTAV and RDR just fine with a controller. And I figure if I’m decent enough to play Spider-Man I can probably ride a horse.

Plus RDR2 looks like it’s ridiculous. You know.

You’re just drinking the wrong tequila.

Not possible, I don’t drink tequila. Anymore.

That’s fair. For those people, I’d ask if they enjoyed RDR. If so, they’ll probably live this game. If they haven’t played it, that has a much lower cost of entry in terms of figuring out if you like a ‘western’ game. On the other hand, I was never a big Western person, yet RDR is one of my all time favorites (if not my favorite).

I saw a TV ad for this on Walking Dead, and I was thinking exactly the same thought.

Is there any news/chance?

There was a leaked ad somewhere for the PC version, release date an obvious placeholder (12/31/2019) but it was swiftly removed and could mean anything. So, in other words, 'fraid not, pardner.

I would say ‘eventually’. They’re going to milk this like they milked GTAV.

I will just look on with envy if it doesn’t come to the PC.

Details on the day 1 update have surfaced in a R* blog, as well as a note that companion app details will drop later today.

And details on when to avoid the internet (streaming and video embargo details).

Yeah, getting players to follow an embargo… that they haven’t signed up for…

You can get youtube or twitch to pull their channels off air, but not much else right? Is this information in the EULA?

At least they are being upfront about it, and it isn’t as ridiculous as the Persona 5 stuff.

The problem to me isn’t the videos or the streams, you can very easily opt into and out of something like that and bail if something spoilery is happening. It’s the assholes that get the game two days early and play for 40+ straight hours and then blab about the how the game is all going to end in a thread title somewhere, like a little bitch. That stuff is, thankfully, not super common (not where I hang out, but I avoid places like Reddit, where I’m told it’s pretty rampant) but it still happens. Sigh.