Red Steel: Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Jackman

Looks better than Death race.

I’m still not convinced the whole thing wasn’t a bet that someone is going to be winning shortly.

It felt like it should be marketed to prepubescent boys. Which i guess it might be.

Edit to say that the first words my wife said when seeing the trailer for this was “Seriously??! A Rock’em Sock’em Robot movie?”

So if it made even her think of the Rock’em Sock’em Robots then yeah they missed a great tie-in here

I think “Robot Wars” or something like that was a sort-of sequel to Robot Jox.

And yes, I am ashamed I even know what you’re talking about. That was back when I still thought Gary Graham was kind of cool after Alien Nation.

I remember reading here on Qt3 (or at least i think it was here) about how a certain Hollywood production company had licensed several Hasbro properties and intended to leverage them into movies, including “Battleship”… (?). I remembered that note when i first saw this trailer.

My girlfriend had an almost identical reaction. I was just laughing my ass off during the whole preview.

The only way I see myself watching this movie of my own free will is if I get drunk and accidentally click the wrong link on Netflix’s watch instantly section. That means a lot considering I am a serious sucker for robots especially robots of the fighting variety.

Is there gonna be a scene where his robot gets destroyed and then there’s a montage of him building an even better robot? Because that sounds like it should be in the movie.

The second I saw this, all I could think was “wtf? Rock’em Sock’em Robots the movie?” - and I wasn’t even around when the game was big. But then I remembered they’re supposedly making “Monopoly, the movie” and I just ran to the nearest corner and cried.

A filthy yet Hollywood-cute child with doe eyes, I guess.

Jackman’s film career has been complete shit except for 2 films where the following 2 films were shit (X-men 1-3 and Wolverine derp), The Prestige and The Fountain where he showed us how weird he looks bald, crying and eating tree bark on a floating garden of the miiiiiiiiind (spoilers).

I look forward to his portrayal of the Easter Bunny, though!

This

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Oh fuck The Fountain I hated that movie. I think Van Helsing made good money though!

Hugh. The fuck?

The preview I saw before X-Men: First Class looked like a parody. It was a parody trailer, not one for a real movie, right? Like Zookeeper.

I saw a preview for this during last night’s NFL season opener. My wife and I were completely speechless. Between this and Battleship, my six-year-old self is HYPED while my actual 29-year-old self is trying to pretend I’ve never heard of the movies or the games.

I saw a preview for this before Captain America. I know exactly how it got funding, somebody said “Transformers meets Rocky” and a movie exec said “sold!”

It looks like the classic Disney story of washed up underdog defeats opponents with more talent and ability by using hard work, hope, and friendship. However, upon winning he discovers the physical contest was ultimately just a metaphor for his personal battle with self doubt and the limitations he places on himself…

only this heart warming story has giant CGI robots fighting!

There are a lot worse ways to go about making a movie. I mean, replace robots with cars and you have Cars, the Pixar movie!

I actually watched this tonight. It wasn’t good. I guess I can see boys age 6-10 liking it though!

I watched it. Did not hate it. My wife actually loved it so take that for what its worth

I have seen much worse movies in the last year!

My boys loved it with every ounce of their beings!

I finally saw this over the weekend.

I remember when I first saw the trailer, and it shows some robots fighting, and then Hugh Jackman throwing some punches, and I thought to myself, “No way! They made a ‘Magnus, Robot Fighter’ movie! How did I not know about it?” And then I was extremely disappointed to learn it wasn’t an MRF movie but something about boxing robots. Oh well…

It was enjoyable. Clearly designed for kids. I didn’t feel my dollar at Red Box was wasted.

Didn’t there used to be another thread for this movie that had the correct name? I could have sworn I posted in it. Anyway, I saw it in the theatre with a couple of my nephews and we enjoyed it. Sure, it isn’t the best movie I’ve ever seen (although it’s probably the best movie about boxing robots that I’ve seen), but it’s fun to watch and has more “real” moments in it than I would have expected to see in a film marketed the way it was.