Relaible way to transfer files to Android phone?

Does anyone know of a reliable way to transfer files to and from an android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5 / various PCs)? Using MTP works maybe 25% of the time on the first try it, and almost always requires multiple USB re-connects, selecting “File Transfer” numerous times, and going through several failed transfers.Copying a “large” file (something over 500k) is almost impossible to get to work without 10+ attempts, sometimes 50+. WTF? Why is this so difficult?

These problems occur on my Win7 PC, my Win10 laptop, and every other Windows system I try it on. I know MTP sucks ballz! Is there something else I can use that will make this process less painful and more reliable?

I should mention that I only attempt to transfer files to sim card, because the phone’s storage is almost full. Maybe that has something to do with it?

You can use something like x-plore to transfer between cloud services and the phone. I think it works with ftp as well.

Try Airdroid, that’s all I’ve used for years now, for uploading and downloading files.

I use the free app on my phone then use the web Airdroid page to access my phone over local wifi. It’s dead easy and the interface is really simple too.

Edit: here’s the web page interface:

If they aren’t giant files or you have a fast upload speed, just use dropbox or google drive. Plugging phones into computers is so 2010.

I use this thumb drive to transfer anything anywhere:

https://smile.amazon.com/SanDisk-Android-Devices-Computers-SDDD3-064G-G46/dp/B01M127X8F/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1508722965&sr=8-7&keywords=micro+usb+drive

Dropbox

Airdroid seconded. It’s wonderful.

I just use Google Drive.

I was ignorant of Airdroid. I love it! Thanks folks.

Moving my wife to a new android phone (so I want nothing to go wrong, for obvious reasons). This is one of the very few times I’ve managed the move to a new phone that did not involve the old phone being dead…

Is Airdroid the best route for getting all her stored SMS/MMS message chains over to the new phone? (old phone is at Lollipop, if that makes a difference)

I use SMS Backup & Restore.

Seconded. Upload the backup to Google Drive, download back down to the new phone, then run restore.

Airdroid has changed in recent months so I would trust Ginger and mono on this one!