Remnant: From the Ashes (Souls Shooter)

It looks like Steam now uses Friend Codes instead of Steam names to add friends. When did this change?

I found the secret sauce for him was patience and audio cues. The bomber adds come in a wave and you can hear as they approach. I fought on the upper level, so they typically had to come at me via the stairs which gave a consistent place to watch out for them at. Prioritize them, and do not try to engage Gorefist at all until they are down. You don’t even have to shoot them, just take advantage of immunity frames while you’re rolling to roll through their explosions. That might mean you only get 2-4 shots off on Gorefist between each wave, but it’s fine. His attacks tend to be well telegraphed, just keep your distance.

Also, what armor type are you using? The Hunter armor has huge penalties to Rot, which the poison clouds are. If you’re wearing that armor, swap out of it for this fight. Also, those oil potions can be purchased in town and not only cure you of Rot, but better yet boost your Rot resist quite a bit. This helps for occasional damage you take from poison clouds. You don’t want to get infected, people one coughing fit interrupting you could spell the end.

They are vastly different experiences. Division 2 is much easier and much more casual. Remnant is more Souls-like in that it’s a difficult battle. Remnant is also much slower paced and is based around understanding how monsters attack and how to dodge them. Division is more about getting in cover and going to town.

Division 2. At least, I’ve done great in both Divisions as a largely solo player while leveling, while Remnant kicked my ass so bad I’ve put it away for now. I’ll get back to it eventually :)

Wombat, I’m happy to help you out, here is a link to add me as a friend on steam:

https://s.team/p/qjh-qkm/wkvvdvwp

1413706 is my Steam friend code, apparently.

For whatever reason, the page that sends me to has buttons that…do nothing. I’m logged in to Steam and everything but pressing the buttons does nada. No clue why.

Another thing about Gorefist is that he can’t hit you if you are running away (with Shift) from him, even if he charges. So my tactic was to run away, shoot him a few times with pistol and shotgun depending on the distance, run away again, repeat. If he charges, run away, wait for the sound of him hitting the floor with his sword, turn around and shoot him while he recovers.

Make sure you learn your route well, I was just running continuously upper level to lower to upper, repeat. Pick one long simple route that will allow you to gain distance and not get stuck on environment and adds.

Once you learn the route and learn the timings to keep your distance from Gorefist, you can run like that all day long. Always prioritize adds though, they can outrun you.

Sounds like good advice. If only I can do it with my old, fat, fingers…

Man, I tried to jump into this last night on PS4, but minutes before I started they pushed a patch that introduced a crash bug the moment you are supposed to pick your starting class. I had to play Strange Brigade instead, like an animal!

It’s bug on Pro apparently, if you set the PS4 to only do 1080 and not auto or 4k and and disable supersampling it should work. They are rushing out a new patch so you don’t need to do that, but that should get you going.

Does that fix the crash issue? I thought that stuff just addressed some framerate problems?

It’s supposed to fix the crash issue.

Anybody want to jump in and help me with a guy with a big hammer would be appreciated.

Never mind, he bit the dust, this game is so cool.

Quiet @Chappers I don’t got time for a new game!

You can buy it now that your surge 2 order didn’t go through. It’s really good.

Same here. I am definitely not looking for deals on this game around the Internet right now…

Quick question: I’m playing through the first full map, which I know are randomly generated, but I feel like I’m stuck. Are clearing those glowing portals on the ground necessary for progression?

I came across one that felt like an optional area offering greater rewards and loot at the cost of additional challenge, and even though I think I got to the end the messaging wasn’t very clear. Now I’m in a nearly identical one but it feels mandatory. Did I miss an important pop up?

This one could lead you to the next overground map, I would get to the end of it if there is nowhere else to go.

Okay. I’ll give it ago. Feels significantly harder than the previous area. Maybe I’ll be able to cheese my way through it.