Remnant, rts 4x that's...different

I did a search and didn’t find anything relevant.

If my search-fu is wrong, delete/move as appropriate.

An upcoming 4x called Remnant caught my attention, because it looks good visualy, and the deisgner seems…brave/crazy/a visionary.

Explorminate QnA

Another article.

Official website.

Thoughts?

I’m intrigued.

Sigh, I need to market myself better. Wish I knew how.

That said, it looks to be a fascinating game. One solar system only, more focus on characters than buildings and such. Big inspiration is Star Wars: Rebellion.

I’m super excited about it.

Have you thought about getting in touch with a SEO? (I’m joking, don’t hit me!). Seriously, though, there’s just a lot of media out there, man. :)

As for Remnant, I’d be curious to try it out but was a little put off by thinking “okay that sounds neat. Can’t wait to try this Kickstarter game in 2024, if it ever is even finished”. Seeing that it is releasing later this summer and the Kickstarter is for more art and better audio made me pretty happy.

I’m in for trying this once it comes out. Expectations aren’t super high, but I’m always up for ways to shake up these old genres.

I’ve worked in SEO for 14 years. I can do it for others, just am terrible at doing it for myself.

Anyway, tangent done. This game looks great and y’all should keep an eye on it. I hope to get a playable copy soon.

I know that’s the industry you’re in, that was just my poor attempt at a joke. :)

I was just about to come in here and say, why hasn’t @BrianRubin mentioned this game anywhere.

Heck I didn’t even know there was a kickstarter for it.

Well, you do podcasts, right? Most people don’t use podcasts. If they are searching for some quick info on game x, they just want a site to read immediately, not a podcast to listen for an hour.

Yeah, I’d only listen to a podcast if I was informed of and hence interested in the subject matter beforehand.

I do podcasts, make videos, write posts, make social media posts, not sure if it matters.

Sorry, I shouldn’t have brought it up, it’s a touchy subject for me. Carry on. This game will be great.

Its been 12 days since any posts in this thread, I feel like a great space game information void has occurred in my life.

If any game deserves its own thread, it’s this one.

This game looks pretty cool, I have to say. The amount for the kickstarter campaign is also interesting to me; isn’t that rather cheap for art assets? I mean, kudos to the dev for keeping costs low. It’s just a little surprising to my sensibilities.

I dunno. I think it’s just a “give us some money and we’ll buy more assets to add to what we have now”. I’m sure the money can go further if you’re buying work piecemeal from talent in Vietnam and places like that.

He actually ran a (sadly) unsuccessful Kickstarter a few years ago, so has been chipping away at it on his own time since then, which is why the amount was relatively low.