Republic of Rome forum game

The gods must be crazy.

If I understand correctly I lose nothing trying to persuade Sulpicius without bribes. If it is so, I attempt the persuasion.

Virtus Romana would look kindly, as if upon a friend, on all who would allow us the opportunity to add Senator Sulpicious to our faction.

Yeah, I kind of assumed we’d leave Sulpicius for you.

Gods damn it.

Ok, ok. No persuasion attempt. Let @navaronegun have it.

I change my faction leader to Fabius.

And I’m done.

A new comet is spotted, another evil omen! Can this year get any worse?

Mechanically this does not cost an extra 20 talents but does increase the die roll penalty to -2.

@Panzeh: your initiative, options as above.

So much for plans…

This would appar to make our Gallic problem slightly more difficult to address.

Garum flavoured, please,with a side of flamingo skewers, tyvm.

Claudius spends 5 to attract a knight.

This roll is currently at -2 I think? Just a friendly reminder if you want to spend more.

Spend 7, then, if it’s necessary to guarantee the knight.

We just need to raise 2 more legions. If the S/D apply to unmodified rolls (which I think they do) this does not change the chances of victory too much.

That is indeed necessary and so is done. I’ll assume that’s all you wanted to do; let me know if it wasn’t.

The news is all over Rome and one question is debated on every street corner: have the Syrians sensed our weakness or is this what the evil omens portended?

Name Series Fleet Battle Fleet Support Army Battle Disaster Standoff Spoils Special
Syrian War 1 of 1 0 2 6 16 15 45

This war is immediately active.

@CraigM: what actions will you take on your initiative?

This is fine.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think I have a move I can make with any chance of success due to the -2 roll modifier, and my emptied treasury.

Will double check, but pretty sure I’m going to have to defer.

Yup, the only move I could do would be pressure a knight, but with -2 modifiers there’s no point.

I pass

Damn, so many wars!!!

Fortunately this one is on the easy side. Can we afford to send armies to both and hope the spoils compensate the immediate spenditure?

The Kolbexarii speak in hushed tones of a new opportunity opened up to them in these trying times, though they keep their own counsel on its precise nature.

@Kolbex: you have a new card in hand; what would you like to do with your initiative?

We need to try. This is what I was talking about last year.

Rome needs everyone to be strong, and the wars have to be dealt with swiftly and efficiently with no pussyfooting. Omens or no, the war must be fought, two if we can pull it off. We have to take calculated risks if need be.

There are a LOT more in that damn deck.