Resident Evil: Village - The 8th game

Love that the thumbnail is capitalizing on the tall lady hype. Releasing May 7th, 2021! :)

Maiden demo, exclusively for PS5 should be available here:
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-PPSA01556_00-VILLAGEFULLGAMEX

Also, multiplayer.

More stuff at this page, including more gameplay footage:

Tried out the demo last night. Really impressive! I died near the end of the demo though…

Hahahaha.

I really prefer the one with legs and the guy looking up, though the guy should have been the i and not one of the Ls.

I don’t know what’s going on here

Demos this weekend and next on Playstation.

Odd perf choices revealed

and a new trailer

I can’t believe this was sponsored by Capcom…

Reviews popping up.

Ars Technica says “not as good as RE7.”

So it’s a next-gen video game, but next-gen consoles are not available. I’m curious at what point do game devs delay these games until people can actually get their hands on hardware.

It’s crossgen

The next gen consoles are selling faster than they did last time. Just because they are harder to buy doesn’t mean there aren’t a ton of consoles in the market already.

Early in Village, there’s an ambush inspired by the opening of Resi 4 that forced me to start the game over because like the previous game there’s no way to drop the difficultly once you’ve begun playing. I made around ten attempts but could never find a way to trigger the script to start the cutscene, so I gave up my hardcore run and settled for normal where I had no issues. It didn’t take long to make up for the lost progress though the mood was much less effective a second time around. The set pieces that come afterwards make me happy I didn’t give up on game.

They’ve sold more PS5s than they did PS4s at the same point in that system’s lifetime.

The game looks fun but after watching some videos, it also creeps me out and scares the crap out of me. Probably beyond my scare tolerance level.