Resident Evil: Village - The 8th game

Ok, that was pretty bad ass

It looked pretty good. Almost visually stunning.

I really loved the 7th game. It was the first Resident Evil game I ever played.

It appears by that trailer that they’re going with first person again? If so, I’m so there. Assuming that it comes to PC like 7 did.

I haven’t played RE7 yet but the character at the end spoke to ‘Ethan’, and that was the PC in that game I think? So looks like it will continue from that game, probably?

I’m disappointed that this isn’t Biohazard: Animal Crossing. You know, decorate your mansion, talk to your village full of zombies, buy something from a shady merchant that pops up randomly.

But, I mean, I guess the actual game will be cool, too.

Hype!

From the video, looks like the rumors about RE8 were true.

Anyway, those Capcom people are smart… so it’s a game with a run-down village and a European castle. Guess who’s already going to have most of their assets ready to be recycled for the RE4 remake in 2022?

They posted another video, which gives a peek at the new inventory menu:

Looks like there’s going to be money?

EDIT: So money is “lei” (apparently plural for Romanian money, “leu”), so the game is set in pseudo-Romania?

That looks great! Very cinematic. Love the setting. Still wish they’d go back to 3rd person or at least have an option.

It’s too bad the writing and voice acting will probably not be on par with those visuals (I’m predicting).

Clancy Stormare?

Peter Brown?

New trailer:

I really dig the faux-stop motion.

It also feels very Bloodborne. Might as well steal from the best, right?

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare of Mensis

Those outdoor environments are gorgeous. May have to start playing RE 7 soon; didn’t realize this was a direct sequel.

Some stuff from the Tokyo Game Show:

It’s mostly the same as the video above. They also announce RE’s 25th anniversary celebration.

Apparently there will be more ways to “find your own solutions” in this game. I wonder if it’s just PR guff or if you’ll have more control over the sequence of events. There’s going to be money and a store, so I assume that at least you’ll be able to choose your “build”, just like RE 4.

I love Resident Evil 7.
My girlfriend hates video games and won’t have anything to do with them.
Imagine my surprise a couple of years ago when I was playing RE7 in the living room with her quietly reading a book on the sofa behind me. A couple hours into the game, and she starts giving me advice, and telling me to move to one side while I play so she can see. She starts scolding me for making stupid moves; starts telling me where to go and what to do.

I understand a lot of folks didn’t like RE7, but I gotta give it mad props for single-handedly getting my girlfriend into a game. And I mean, she was really into it.

After a few nights of playing this way, I moved on to another game, like I usually do, and she has been giving me crap for it ever since. She was really into the story of RE7, and to this day, she still asks me once in a while to play it again so we can finish it. But it’s been so long, I’m pretty certain I’ve forgotten things and would need to start over. Not that that would be terrible or anything.

Tall Goth lady already spawning lots of fan art and reactions

I like her already. She’s like Mr.X in heels.

I’m really hyped for this.