Ricky Gervais meets... Larry David

Interesting stuff. Can’t say I knew a lot about Larry David other than he wrote Seinfeld and Curb your enthusiasm, and I’m not entirely sure that I know a great deal more about him as a person after watching this. Though to be honest, I don’t really care about his childhood or what his favourite colour is and stuff.

It’s more of an hour of watching David and Gervais chat on a Sofa about comedy, what they like, what they don’t, how David approaches writing and so on. It just manages to avoid the standard interview sycophancy that you get with a standard, read from the cards interview and it is clear that there is a mutual admiration for each others work.

The title and narration suggests that this is the first of a series of Gervais pottering around America meeting his “heroes” so will be interesting to see who comes next.

Who’s broadcasting this? Brit show?

Channel 4.

I don’t know whether it was jest or not, but David did say that part of the reason he agreed to do it was that it was only going out in the UK, but it seems a little odd that Channel 4 wouldn’t try and flog this to all and sundry. David doesn’t give too many interviews apparently?

I figured it would be all over the torrent sites by now for those who were interested which seems to include a fair few people here so thought I’d give you guys a heads up.

The Larry David interview on Sit Down Comedy was pretty good. David Steinberg has also directed some episodes of Curb so the two of them had a good rapport.

I must torrent this. Anyone have the details?

I didn’t find it with a quick search. Did this just air, like, yesterday? I’d give it another day.