RIM: We have no fucking clue

Dear anybody, please make an android smartphone with a qwerty-keyboard that is not hopelessly overpriced.

I miss having actual pushbuttons on my phone.

Want to buy a used ATT Tilt? :)

If you’ve got one of these, I’ll buy it from you.

I do not. But they might.

http://www.cell2get.com/tmobile-sidekick®-id-cell-phone-color-pda-gsm-p-272.html

Did you guys use WASD controls on these phones for shooters?

No. My Nokia NGage had a d-pad.

It’s shocking how BBM went from complete dominance 12 years ago to vanishing today. It was Blackberry’s most important product, but they tried to use it to support their dying platform. If they had ported it to Android in 2010 or so the world would be a very different place-- a lot of Apple’s positioning is based on iMessage supporting their platform, and Google never came up with a messaging solution that stuck.

Or, as I prognosticated back in 2009,

A TRUE use of the <HROSE> tag, if I do say so myself.

Do you have a blog to back that up, sir?

They ported them in 2016 didn’t they? Only 6 years too late. Bet the board of directors are happy over there in alternateville.

Shame though, they had the best OS at one point, and still the best UIX/integrated experience.

Someone at work had one of the Android based Blackberries… wasn’t the same thing.

Oh well, guess we’ll get stuck with the two shit products instead. Think Huawei working on their own mobileOS also?

Bless your heart.

I never owned a blackberry, but every expience I had interacting with it was a disjointed nightmare. I hated the UI. Was it one of those things where once you use it regularly it makes sense because that shit seemed unusable to the point where when family would come to me and say “Matt I’m having trouble with my phone” I wouldn’t even try if it was a blackberry.

Pearl & a physical keyboard == happiness

RIP RIM

Windows Phone wasn’t that bad either.

RIP

Really? Was that BlackBerry OS10 and not the previous thing they were using. Cant imagine anyone having a shitty UIX experience on BBOS10, in that case, I’d like to know which UIX you would consider good - out of curiosity.

I think a lot of people probably thought the BB10 phones were using the old operating system/experience. Althought, the lack of press/marketing the phones got obviously helped them remain “undiscovered” also. Remember local press would all feature whatever apple rumours/news for days, but can not recall a single instance of them mentioning the Blackberry Z10 for example.

I never had extended use with Blackberry so I really don’t know I just know that whenever my dad or brother had phone issues they would come to me and every time I had to navigate anything it was like pulling teeth. I went from Treo to iPhone back in the day. I don’t really remember the Treo’s UI, but found even early iOS to be better than comparable BlackBerry.

Compared to PalmOS, BBOSes sucked really bad.

OS/2 Warp for life, heathens.