Rimbo World

It’s a busy time of year and this game takes some time to get into. I can’t imagine that’s they’re declining so much as haven’t finished yet or got to it. It’s been around for awhile. There is no shortage of opinion on it.

Could be it hung out for so long in a nearly complete state that reviewers just decided not to take notice of the fact it’s actually a 1.0 release now and simply didn’t bother.

Which I guess is a bit of a shame since they’re missing out on a great game, but on the other hand given how much it’s already sold and how much it’s already been streamed it seems rather hard to believe anyone remotely interested isn’t already pretty aware of what this one is all about.

I found a dozen critic reviews of the game since 1.0 with a quick Google search. Plus lots of pre release reviews.

I saw an interesting video on my feed describing “the best item in the game” which I’ve never used, the food dispenser.

The main advantage, in short is not needing a dedicated cook which greatly increases labor force. Will have to try it.

The food paste. Yeah they don’t like that. I’ve had a few people go crazy with that but it is better than starving. I like to keep my colonist happy and not go crazy. For Mix and Max playing it probably is good.

I think it is a situational item. One use I saw mentioned was put the prison back to back with raw food storage and stick the dispenser through the wall. No need to cook or deliver food to the prisoners then. Also the rich one-person start, but not the naked one person.

I think the last time i used the paste was several versions ago and I had food rot on it which displeased me. I kept hoping they would let me do more with inventory than it does, but since then I’ve added more mods so I’d probably put food that rots less quickly there not. Food isn’t usually a problem for me after the first year or so… it’s the infestations I struggle with most, even more so than the mechoids.

My current base is roughly 1/3 underground, and the infestations all seem to happen in one area. So I moved out of that room and put some turrets and IEDs down hallways leading away from my base and now they’re pretty easy to handle as I line up all my peeps and the bugs that survive the mines get mowed down in a crossfire. The cost per infestation is a couple components (for the turrets), some steel and chemfuel, and a few scratches on my brawler.

I should try mines. I have turrets in the area but that last group was… really big. It’s also where my barn sits so I rush the animals out of that area and then line everyone up but the infestation size is growing faster than my ability to take them down. There’s just so many probably oh 30 or so this last go around.

If you know where future infestations are going to pop up, carpet or wood floor the area then seed it with a few incendiary traps. Then it becomes fun when the infestations show up cause they burnnnn so well :)

Oh make sure there’s a door and it’s roofed/sealed so it gets super hot when the fire starts. Then the fire spreads on its own and stuff can instantly combust.

haha, yeah you’re probably right, time to move my Muffalo and Cows to somehwere else and just booby trap the whole place. I really kind of thought that the fact it showed up there a few times in a row wasn’t actually a promise of things to come.

The only thing worse for meh is when mechoids just land on our heads which is bs! My roofs is not made out of paper.

It happened to me a LOT in a previous game. Sometimes it’s because one pawn that’s supposed to leave won’t leave for some reason (got shot, dying, or whatever excuse). Maybe sometimes it’s something obscure like it’s trying to unload the alpaca but there’s no free inventory space to put it in. Or the alpaca in question is busy doing something?

Re: infestations, I have no guarantee that they will always recur in the same location, just that the ~5 that I’ve seen have done so.

Yep I got another one, same place. Even though the description says calm animals will not trigger the traps, Cow2 blew himself up… at least there is beef for dinner.

There seems to be a small % chance that a colonist or animal will trigger a trap, though I think you get a minor notification about it. So be careful about putting them in hallways where they can’t step around them.

There are about 20 animals that went around that trap for 3 days. He was clearly the idiot out of the bunch. I did shift it further form the door. That’s where the insects come out though!

Perhaps if i cull the idiot genes from my herd the rest will survive better.

Infestations usually occur in the largest cave based room. So you can generally predict their locations (some people actually want to have them)

Cave based as anything that has a stone floor, even a smoothed one. These rooms do not have cave walls anymore, i built them out. On the plus side, aside from he cow loss i now have insect meat for my kibble. The husky pack is a growing ravenous group.

Doesn’t matter if you smoothed them. If it started as a cave, then it can be infested. This is balance the player from always defaulting to building cave based fortresses.

I like caves!

Actually I usually position myself near a river and geyser for easy access to power. If I am near a cave it’s jut by coincidence. I grew to too mountains though. I need fertile ground for growing food!