RIP Carl Weathers

Well, damn. Never was the star, but somehow always managed to find his way into things I enjoyed.

One of my earliest movie memories is watching he and Stallone run on that beach.

And decades later delivering “Baby, you got a stew goin’”

RIP.

Sad news. Was he sick?

I didn’t know he was in The Mandalorian. He was awesome as “himself” in Arrested Development.

RIP.

Dude was great in everything I saw him in. I had forgotten about Action Jackson, but that was a pretty fun 80s action romp. And it didn’t show up in the memorable roles they listed, but I loved his cameo on Arrested Development.

awwww…RIP

I’d seen him in a billion things, but this is what I’ll remember him for.

Yep him in Predator is my first memory of seeing him in anything, later in life I eventually caught the earlier Rocky movies.

He was great in The Mandalorian.

He was also in Toy Story 4, as Combat Carl, a very thinly veiled parody of his Predator role.

With a nod to Happy Gilmore :)

Not just in Mando. He directed a couple of episodes!

RIP to The Count of Monte Fisto

This sucks.

I was 4 when it came out, and given it doesn’t have the kind of long standing reputation and cultural cachet as something like a Rocky or Predator, was never something I sought out :)

So I amend that, he was never the star of anything I saw with him in it, but was always a damn fine supporting actor.

I had no idea he was an Oakland Raider.

76 is too young. Would have been nice for him to get another good 5 years at least.

This might be in the movie thread - but man - his turn on Arrested Development as Carl Weathers, epic cheapskate - was just epic. He just grabs your attention and won’t let go when he’s on screen on that show.

So many iconic roles. Rest in Peace

This Mitch Hurwitz quote was from a Vulture article about Arrested Development, I think: