RIP Erin Moran you always made us happy

Sadly Erin passed away at age 56. I really loved Happy Days and she was a great little sister in one of America’s best family shows.

As hokey as that show was, and as egregiously inaccurate as a depiction of the “real” 1950s, it was a great depiction of the notional fifties people wanted to remember. And, yeah, I loved it as a kid. At least until it (literally) jumped the shark, with Fonzi’s infamous waterskiing escapade, it was a solid, warming, and, if perhaps a bit saccharine and a bit too “white,” still a pretty cool diversion into historical fantasy. The Cunninghams were a family pretty much everyone wished was theirs.

Oh man.
Too young.
I guess I say that because I am also 56.
USA Today article.

Fonz jumping the shark was fun for a 10 year old me watching Happy Days reruns in the early 80s.

R.I.P.

I had a crush on her, too, in those days.

Such a sad thing, these child actors who end up this way. A

I hear you. When people my age kick the bucket, I get a bit antsy.

Aww. Too young. Seems as if she led quite the troubled life as Happy Days faded into the past.

As a kid of the 70’s-80’s, I definitely had an adolescent crush on “Joanie” as she grew into her 20’s, and I into my early teens…

As a child of the 70s and 80s I always found her weird looking. I’m sorry, that’s disrespectful to the deceased and I feel bad about writing that. But it’s true.

Happy Days was my favorite show growing up, and it’s still in my personal top 10. As a kid, I like Joanie Loves Chachi too, even though I realize I’m in the minority.

It was really sad to hear of Moran’s issues which had been reported pretty regularly since the end of the show, but that shouldn’t take away from her work. And it won’t take away my memories. The final episode of Happy Days still brings me to tears.

By Hollywood standards, definitely yes.
But looking back on some the girls I’ve dated or had crushes on in my high school days especially, I see them in my yearbook from back then, and some of them look pretty damn weird-looking. So did I for that matter. So thankfully, weird looks is an obstacle most people can overcome.

Chachi is morally superior to Joanie.

“I’m OK, a little shocked but not completely shocked that this
happened. My thing is, I feel bad because her whole life, she was
troubled, could never find what made her happy and content. For me, you do drugs or drink, you’re gonna die. I’m sorry if that’s cold, but God
gave you a brain, gave you the will to live and thrive and you gotta
take care of yourself.”

Monday morning, the Harrison County Coroner’s Office and Sheriff’s
Department issued a joint statement saying Moran passed due to
complications with her stage 4 cancer. The statement added there were no illegal narcotics found at the scene

Yeah, not because you are a dick or anything.

I mean, in fairness, now that I know he’s a Trump supporter, I do hate him!

Loser celebs have found if they clamp onto the right wing their 15 minutes can be extended. All they have to do is sacrifice their humanity and their souls, and ignore the eternity of burning that awaits them if they’re real a god fearing Christian. Because none of these people follow Jesus’s guidelines or some of the Bible’s most direct verses like “you must give away all your stuff to the poor and live a lower middle class lifestyle”. Hell must be having a massive construction boom preparing for the Southern and Great Plains states. Imagine the surprise.

“We are the chosen ones!”.
Jesus, “You didn’t do a damn thing I commanded, so buh…bye…” cloud turns into a dark red elevator that plummets to the underworld.

I feel just so sad for Erin, because I’m going to guess she had almost no support and lived in terrible pain, fear, and misery her last few days and weeks. No one should have to finish out their days alone like that.

where have you been?

I’m not gonna lie, but until this thread, I was pretty sure Scott Baio or whatever was from Chips and possibly dead. Just one of those Hollywood names I’d heard but never really associated with anything in particular.

He was Charles. And he was in charge.

Also, he was Bob Loblaw. Sometimes you have to work a little harder to separate the art from the artist.