RIP Irrfan Khan

So sad. Loved this guy in The Lunchbox and In Treatment.

Irrfan Khan, the Indian-born actor who achieved considerable success in both Bollywood and the west, has died aged 53. He had been admitted to the intensive care unit of Mumbai’s Kokilaben hospital on Tuesday with a colon infection.

What a shame - he was great in everything I saw him in. 53 is too young.

My favorite actor. :(

He filmed “Angreyzi Medium” (that means English Medium, the sequel to Hindi Medium) while he was undergoing treatment for his cancer. Sadly, the movie itself didn’t get stellar reviews like the original, but his performance in it did. It was one of the last movies to come out of Bollywood before Covid shutdown the movie theaters, so at least I’ve got that to look forward to.

Very sad. I loved him in The Lunchbox too and other movies I saw him in. Too young. RIP.

I even liked his performance as the dumbest park owner ever in Jurassic World. I think I liked him in everything I saw him in.

Damn. Excellent actor - big loss to cinema.

Yeah, I’ve seen him in a number of things he did well in. Most recently was Talvar, which if you like true crime movies is worth a watch. He was the central character there, in a story about incompetence and judicial failure.

I just rewatched Slumdog Millionaire last week. He was always really compelling and I preferred it when he was alive.

Way too young. RIP.