RIP Jeremy Bulloch, aka Boba Fett

Seems like they’re all going soon :(

Argh. RIP.

Oh FFS, 2020.

I had a lot of interactions with Jeremy over the years at cons. Just an amazing human.

I still hope (vainly, I assume) that someday they will release the original cuts of the Star Wars Trilogy, so we can hear Jeremy Bulloch’s voice as Boba Fett again. “He’s no good to me dead” just doesn’t sound the same anymore.

They replaced his voice? Not in the “Special Edition,” surely, as the (old) new movies hadn’t come out yet. Is there another edition? How and when did I get so out of touch??

You can always wait for the 45th Anniversary Super Special Deluxe Limited Out-of-Touch Edition Collection.

I haven’t seen the originals in so long but I do remember noticing they changed the voice in the last version I saw. Does he scream when falling into the sarlac pit? Did they change that too?

From the Hollywood Reporter article/obituary linked in the Mandalorian TV show thread:

“In the Star Wars films, Bulloch wore the Fett costume, but the character’s voice was initially provided by Jason Wingreen before the updated versions with Temuera Morrison, who is currently playing the role on The Mandalorian.”

Interesting, apparently the switch was made for the 2004 DVD edition of the Special Edition films. I guess there’s always the Despecialized Edition, which is pretty much the only way I’ll watch them anymore.

One of those bits of tiny trivia that I always enjoy - Jeremy Bulloch also played an Imperial officer in Empire as well.

A shot from that scene made it onto a card from the Decipher CCG:

Thanks, I never realized this! One actor for the voice, one actor for the body, another actor for the face…I won’t be surprised in a few months when we hear that the actor who played Boba Fett’s left leg has also died.

Patrick Duffy is dead?!?

Well, there are twenty-seven individual people that play Darth Vader, not including the puppeteers and the cosplayers at Disney World.

His stunt double’s stunt double has a stunt double.

He’s a stunt octuple? Sorry, I’ve been drinking.

I laughed, and I don’t drink at all.