RIP Keith Flint (of The Prodigy)

Appears that he committed suicide.

For a long time he was the face of the band to me.

Really sad news. The Prodigy are awesome and he was a great front man. RIP :(

Unhappy Qat :(

I admit I didn’t like Keith Flint’s voice, and as a fan of the Prodigy I was always hoping that his vocals would be on the least amount of tracks possible in each album. But I’m still very sad to hear of his passing. I saw them Live twice, and he brought a lot of energy to those concerts. They won’t be the same live act without him.

Bought their first record off of Liams m8, saw them at Labyrinth (was absolutely off my face so not sure i remember much of what actually was their first or second PA), Elevation at Roller Express and their debut of Fire and a few tunes off Experience (and have a tape of the night from Club Elevation), once at Ilford Palais, Brixton twice (the night I met my first serious GF and the dance floor collapsed) and Tribal Gathering. Wish i went to his pub in Dunmow its not far from me. RIP Keith.

Well, this is turning out to be a shitty day for 90s pop culture icons.

Thought this was a sweet anecdote that’s making the rounds:

Aww man. The Fat of the Land was my go-to workout album for quite some time.

I was very sad to hear this yesterday. I loved me some Prodigy back in the day, and still have Breathe and Smack My Bitch Up on my phone’s playlist, though I have to be careful with the latter, as it’s not exactly PC to be cranking from the car stereo these days, even if it is one of the best techno dance tunes to ever exist.

RIP Keith Flint, and my sincere condolences to your friends and family. Yet another loss that proves the world is woefully behind in the recognition and treatment of mental illness.

No, you don’t. Crank it up LOUD and fuck anyone who gets offended

Spoken like a true Firestarter. =)

Twisted Fyahstartah