RIP Mink Staccato

I feel terrible that he was in such pain to lead him to do this and that we lost a brother. I hope he has found release from his suffering.

Very sad news.

Deepest condolences to his family and loved ones.

That’s a damn shame. Scott seemed like a really neat guy.

Tom, that was a nice tribute.

I always hate it when this sort of thing happens, for whatever reason.

Damn. My condolences. This is just awful.

Very sad. I’m so sorry Scott felt he had no other choice.

I’m also very grateful for the podcast Tom did with him – with all the participants, actually. It really makes the “online” relationship with another community member a little bit more “real”. I’m glad that I got to know at least a little bit more about Scott before this happened.

Wow, this is terrible.

I’m am very saddened at Scott’s passing and my heart goes out to everyone that loved him

From the podcast Tom and he did I felt that he had a great joy for life.

I don’t know the circumstances that led him to take his life, but I can imagine that it was depression. Understanding and dealing with depression is extremely hard for everyone around the person who undertakes it, we can never really understand how they felt.

R.I.P Scott.

No idea what to contribute other than Qt3 has become a pretty integral part of my daily routine, and I’ve met some fine people from off these boards. I am very sorry to hear about Scott. :(

How horrible. My deepest condolences to his friends and family. My life has been touched by suicide, and it’s an awful thing for the survivors to go through.

Same here. That’s a wonderful eulogy for an awful thing Tom.

Terrible news. I did not know the fellow, but I’m sorry for his family’s loss.

Me too, it’s extremely hard. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Tom, you are a class act. Very nice post.

Damn, what awful news. May he rest in peace.

Dreadful, dreadful stuff. I hadn’t had the pleasure of being in discussions with him all that often, but it’s still hugely saddening. I’m sorry for the loss and my deepest sympathies to his friends and family.

I’ll also echo the sentiment that that was a very moving and elegant post, Tom.

I am terribly sorry to hear that Scott felt driven to take this action and that he couldn’t find other relief from his problems. As with many of you, I didn’t know him beyond his posts and the podcasts, but I regard him as a friend and brother gamer.

I see over in the games section that the podcast has been re-stickied; I think I will listen to the podcast one more time in honor of his memory.

Thank everybody for the kind words.

I was lucky enough to be friends with Scott and as painful as it is right now I would not trade that for the world.

I really don’t have words other than to say if anyone has similar thoughts to please say something to somebody.

~michael~

Listening to the podcast now is an extremely sobering experience, especially considering that I passed it up originally since it was about pinball. While I must confess that I did not know Scott in any direct way, that in no way diminishes the tragedy of this situation. This community has lost a part of it that it will never have back.

Assuming the Mink Staccato Twitter and Livejournal are his, his last entry (March 26, 2011) is:

and when I sleep, I will dream of you

Rest in peace, Scott.

Listening to his podcast during a long winter walk I kept postponing heading back inside, I was so wrapped up in the conversation. I feel like I knew him just a bit.

Condolences.

So very very sad. I wish the best to his family, but the question I keep thinking is

“Why”

Mink - you were one of the good guys