RIP Mink Staccato

Our resident Pinball wizard took his own life writes Tom on the frontpage.

I didn’t know him better than most of you, but I agree with Tom that we do know each other. This is sad news.

He’s on top of all my Pinball FX 2 leaderboards as a sad reminder and I feel truly sorry for those he left behind.

RIP Scott McKinnon/Mink Staccato.

This is tragic. My sincerest condolences to his family. And to everyone here who got to know him.

Oh boy… :(

R.I.P., Scott

RIP Scott. And that was a good eulogy, Tom.

That’s really terrible. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP, man. :(

Terrible news. From the outside, it’s always so difficult to understand when something like this happens. Rest in peace.

That’s a damn shame. Thanks for the thoughts, Tom. And thanks for the thread, Hans. I don’t often read the front page (shame on me, I know).

Rest in peace. Some beautiful photographs, there.

I’m so terribly sad to hear about this. Thank you guys for letting us know, and my deepest sympathies go out to his loved ones.

I like the one from on the bike Tom ends with very much. It takes on additional melancholy in this context. :( If you check out his blog there’s some photos there as well. I particularly like the composition and subject of this one.

I’m glad to have listened to his podcast, and I am sorry for everyone’s loss. An excellent tribute, Tom. Thanks.

I’m in shock about this. Not that I knew him outside of the forum or for terribly long, but I had really come to like him through all the pinball discussions on the board.

Horrible, horrible news. Condolences to all of his family and friends.

Tragic. I’m in shock over this as well. Each time I listen to one of the podcasts, I feel like I’m making a small connection to a real person behind the words I see on the forum. In this way, I feel like I’ve lost someone I knew.

While I did not know Scott at all I have been part of online communities for over 25 years (all the way back to the days of the BBS) and have experienced loss within those communities all too often. It is always a difficult thing for everyone in the community, both those who know the individual personally and those who only knew them as a digital persona, everyone feels the loss.

Tom’s eulogy on the front page was touching, and the pictures posted there give insight to the talent Scott obviously possessed which makes the loss all the more tragic. I would take this opportunity to urge anyone within the QuarterToThree community who has feelings of extreme depression and/or thoughts of harming themselves to please seek help immediately. Contact family and friends, tell them how you are feeling, and let them help you get in contact with a professional therapist who can help you understand what you’re going through and treat it successfully. Hope is never completely lost, ever, and getting help is the first step in finding that hope once again.

My condolences to all of Scott’s family and friends on their tragic loss.

I can’t say I knew him, but the death of any community member incredibly sad. I wish his family my condolences.

The toll of the fucking bell. I don’t know what to say.

That is just…I don’t even…ugh. :-( My condolences to his friends and family. :-(

Terrible to hear and massive condolences to his close friends and family.

I always get such a feeling of frustrating powerlessness whenever there is a suicide in my social range. It’s the sudden realisation that there was somebody desperately in need somewhere within reach but that knowledge has come too late to be any use. I’ve never felt more useless than I did at the funeral for one of my childhood friends who killed himself.

WTF? I was going to take pinball lessons from him someday.

This sucks.

He will always be remembered when I open pinball fx. No one is going to top those scores I bet.

I hope he has found some peace from whatever drove him to take his life.