RIP Richard Lewis

Damn that sucks. I didn’t even realize he was that old, but he sure looked rough the last few years.

Honestly, I thought he had already died.

Same here. RIP though!

He had to retire from comedy due to rapidly advancing Parkinson’s last year. This season of Curb was the last thing he was able to get through.

Ugh. That is really sad to hear.

I guess Larry got his answer

Too bad the show’s wrapped, they coulda had another funeral by proxy like they did for Funkman.

Larry David on Richard Lewis today:

“Richard and I were born three days apart in the same hospital and for most of my life he’s been like a brother to me. He had that rare combination of being the funniest person and also the sweetest. But today he made me sob and for that I’ll never forgive him."

I remember him most for his standup routines and the show, Anything but Love.

Robin Hood: Men in Tights is always the first thing that comes to mind for me.

Yeah, he and Dom Deluise’s characters were the funniest in that film.

Always great to see him in Curb, loved his and Larry’s interactions.

RIP

And he only just wrote Larry into his will!

RIP, what a great comedian.

This is sad. I loved Richard Lewis, from his standup in the 80’s and 90’s to his character Marty Gold on the sitcom Anything But Love to his work on Curb. Just a genuinely funny storyteller comic. In so many scenes in Curb (including the one above) you can tell he and Larry David are cracking each other up. I bet they had to do multiple takes of pretty much every scene they would have together because they played so perfectly off one another. I bet the crew had a Herculean challenge not ruining those scenes by laughing out loud.

RIP Richard Lewis, an icon of comedy. I’d pour out a little Boku for you if I could still buy any. Is that too much to ask?