RIP Ted Kennedy

NBC is reporting it.

It’s confirmed. What an awful time for the Kennedy family. They just lost Eunice Shriver.

RIP Mary Jo Kopechne

Classy.

-Tom

Trying to brush up on my Ted Kennedy knowledge, I took it upon myself to read Wikipedia.

One owes respect to the living. To the dead, one owes only truth. - Voltaire

That sucks. He was more liberal than me on several issues but you can’t help but have respected him for being true to his beliefs.

RIP.

Damning, in so many ways.

I guess it’s a matter of whether you judge a person by one incident or by their entire life. I choose to do the latter.

Ignoring any part of a person’s life fails to give you the whole picture.

That said, this makes me pretty sad. He fought really hard at the end for health care reform, even while he was dying.

But I think that makes him a Nazi, if I’m to believe the news.

I know of no great men except those who have rendered great service to the human race. - Voltaire

Take a look at the bills he sponsored in the Senate at this website.

Bummer.

I heard it was cancer, he’s had a lump in his throat for 30 years

ted? TED?? TEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD!!

See that look in their eyes, Rock? You gotta get that look back, Rock. Eye of the tiger, man. - Voltaire

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the current health care debate, as that was Kennedy’s baby. For some, his death will be a strong reason to press forward. And for others…? Well, there will be a backlash against progress in his name, of course.

Regardless, we know what the news cycle will be for a few days. News people LIVE for moments of synergy such as this.

~mink~

From back when Mad magazine had brass balls the size of Texas:

Right. And jumping in to make a cheap Chappaquiddick joke at news of his death makes you an asshole. In fact, pretty much any schtick that you know in advance Limbaugh is going to be doing tomorrow makes you an asshole.

-Tom

National Lampoon, you mean.

Thread is about where I thought it would be when I saw it.

Anyway, RIP Ted.

One of the few proud liberal voices, he will be missed.