Rise of Industry

Yeah, the seemed to have gotten so many things right, it’s weird the things that misfire. I think budget reporting is one, like you said. And I also think it’s just sliiiightly too hard to make a profit, especially when you have to start dealing with pollution. I think one reason is that your trucks all cost money to run, but you don’t quite have enough control over how much your trucks cost. And then progression is too obscure and too difficult, too. Real shame. The game looks cool and the fundamental resource processing stuff is great.

I did finally find out how to see how profitable each product as a whole is, but not a particular building. It seems like you should be able to click on a building and see how much money it makes, how much the expenses are (and what they are).

I didn’t play for too long so I didn’t start making anything complicated. At the early stages pollution is easy to handle by building a scrubber (or whatever its called) - feed it water and it removes pollution. I can imagine it starts getting more difficult as you get more and dirtier production.

This was free on Epic Games, so I checked it out.

I admit, I bounced off it despite persevering for a couple of hours. It’s not bad, but it never seems to reach a high enough fun-to-faff ratio.

I grabbed it from Epic, haven’t had a chance to play more than the tutorial yet. I was annoyed to find that I couldn’t save the tutorial and had to restart from the beginning. So I guess I’m not going to bother with the tutorial, then.

The main thing that interests me about this game is that it supposedly has AI “players.” That’s the element I miss most in Skylines, Transport Fever, etc.